9. Chairs

He began leaning forward.

Closing the gap between us. I held my breath. He was only a couple of inches away. His face became a little more detailed. Besides the big scar that stretched from his right ear to the corner of his lip, another scar nicked above his left eyebrow. A couple, small freckles dotted his nose.

I felt him exhale against my cheek. Sending a chill down my spine. His hand touched my knee, circling a spot with his thumb. He said softly "don't forget to breathe."

Suddenly my brain remembered that I definitely needed oxygen to survive, and that it was deadly close to something that was stopping my airflow.

My body instinctively shot away from him and I sat on the edge of the bed. Once a little bit away from his intoxicating touch, my lungs filled up with cool air.

I glanced back at him. He was staring at his hands that were placed in front of him. Then my eyes began to wander.

Sharp jawline, Muscular arms, strong shoulders, broad chest, six pack, v-line... "Ahem" he cleared his throat.

My eyes quickly traveled back up to his face, which placed on it, was a devious smirk. "What?" I huffed. My face was burning, he had just caught me checking him out. He said "checking me out are you? If so.. Do you like what you see?"

I shook my head "n-no... Erm... Where are my clothes?" I quickly tried to change the subject.

He threw his head back and let out a laugh. Which made me crack a smile.

He gave me a boyish grin and said "they are being washed by some of my staff, they will be returned to you in the morning."

I grumble "well what time is it?" I watch as he turned and looked at a digital clock. Then he replies "1:36 am. Well goodnight." Then he rolls over and pulls the covered over his shoulder.

"Warren." I say. "Warren wake up." I say once again. He grumbled some gibberish then shifts a little to get comfortable. I let out an exaggerated sigh and say "please Warren?"  Then I yell "Wake up!" And push him off the bed.

I hear a thud as he hits the ground then a low growl. He sits up harshly and I smile innocently. He surprises me by yanking the covers off the bed, which I am sitting on, so I slip onto my back. He then jumps up and pins me to the bed. "Whatcha gonna do now sweetheart?" He grins.

I thrust my hips upward and then, once he is unbalanced, I kick him over to where I am now pinning him to the bed. "That's what I was going to do handsome." I reply. Then my eyes widen as he breaks into a wicked grin "so you think I'm handsome?"

I glare at him and grumble "no." Oh man was I lying. He was the definition of handsome.

"Ahem... Am I interrupting anything?" A voice said from the doorway. I glance over.

A man, possibly also 21, was staring at Warren and I with an amused look on his face. I blush furiously and climb off of Warren and sit on the edge of the bed.

"Hey Warren, this another toy of the night?" He chuckled. I glare at him "excuse you?" He steps further into the room. Moonlight bounces off spiked, wheat blonde hair. I squint to get a look at his eyes. In the moonlight, his right eye is the color of a deep blue, but his left eye was the color of baby blue, the moonlight making it slightly silver. Warren laughs "take it easy on her Griffin. She's not a one night stand."

I reach down to the floor and pick up the covers then yank them over my legs and glare at Griffin. He walks over to me and hold out his hand. I stare at it. "I won't bite." He says.

I reach out and shake his hand and he says "the name is Griffin Cade, best friend of Warren Black, but who are you oh stranger who is in my bestie's bed?" I raise an eyebrow "my name is Kayda... Kayda Fallen."

"Well Ms. Kayda Fallen, what might you be doing here?" He asks. I shrug and reply "well I had a friend who was in this gang and..." I stop and gulp "and he was killed."

Griffin tilts his head and looks at Warren, who in return, rolls his shoulders then shrugs.