Chapter 10

I wish there a way to make things less awkward between us while driving home.

I did want to kiss Luke back, really, but something deep down was still afraid of getting hurt.

What if I did kiss Luke and what if we started dating? Then say we get in a fight or something and we break up and we'll never be able to be around each other and we our friends hangout they'll have to be in separate rooms because me and Luke couldn't stand to be in the same room as each other and we'll live out the rest of our days hating each other!!! Yes, I tend to over think.

With all the weird things that have been happening with Luke, I sometimes wonder if he's not the guy I think he is. But how could he? I'm just not seeing him as a bad guy. So why should it matter what other people are saying?

"Luke?" I ask in a quiet tone.

"Yeah?" He answers, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I'm really sorry about what happened."

"Aw you don't have to apologize. It was my fault. I shouldn't have tried to kiss you so fast." He takes quick glances at me and then back at the road.

"If it's cool with you I'd love to go out again?" I say with hopeful eyes.

"I'd like that too. Maybe you could come to band practice this weekend?" I nodded at him comment because that meant I would get to hear the guys play, which I have wanted hear ever since I met them.

"So I get ill see you at school tomorrow and after school since I'm working." I say remembering I had work after school tomorrow.

"Oh yeah! Umm I'll pick you up?" He asks in a sort of question.

"Okay." I nod.

"Okay cool. Later beautiful!" He says with an adorable grin.

Once again I wait until I can no longer see his car before running back home.

"Oh hey Soph." I'm greeted by Tate at the front door.

"Heyyy." I simply say with a smile on my face.

"Didn't you forget something?" He asks and I suddenly remember.

"Oh my gosh. Tate I forgot to pick you up again. I am so sorry." I get lower myself down so we're eye level. I can't believe I forgot again. I promised and I never break promises.

"It's okay." He says not even looking at me. I felt terrible.

"Are you sure?"

"Y-Yeah." He says still looking at the ground. I give him a hug and apologize once again.

I could tell he wasn't happy with me by the look on his face. I just got distracted with Luke.

When I woke up the next morning I made sure to tell Tate exactly what to do after school.

"Ok Tate, I have work today so that means you need to go to your friends house today." I say, throwing my backpack in over my shoulder. He didn't seem to enthusiastic about it.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"No but it's just that..... I never see you anymore. You're always out with or friends or at work." I hadn't noticed how upset Tate was and I felt terrible.