Chapter 8

My whole body froze. I forgot to pick up Tate from school! What if he's still there? What if he tried to walk home and something happened to him? I had to get home, now!

"Uh sorry Amanda but I really have to go!" I say, getting up off the couch and trying to find my way out of here.

"Leaving so soon?" I stumble into Luke.

"S-Sorry Luke. I really should be going." I politely push him out of the way.

"I'll take you." He offers, pulling his keys from his pockets.

"T-That's okay I can walk from-" I pause looking around and not having a clue where I was.

"Okay fine." I mumble as he smiles, opening the the door of his car for me. I ignore the warning Rosemary and Layla gave me. I also forgot that I'm wearing Rosemary's clothes.

The car ride was silent and my mind was going in so many directions. I was mostly worrying about Tate but the other part of me was wanting to talk to Luke. I was dying from curiosity about how such an adorable, kind boy would be a danger to me. Maybe I should just ask him why all his friends want to keep us apart. As I open my month to ask he turns on the radio probably to kill the awkward silence. Thank God.

"Aww I love this song." He says, drumming on the steering wheel.

"They're gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies in the books
To make a citizen out of you
Because they sleep with a gun and keep an eye on you son
So they can watch all things you do"

The familiar My Chemical Romance song was blasting through the speakers. My musical side took over and soon enough I was chanting the lyrics along with Luke. I looked over at the blonde as he was singing and was blown away by his voice. I knew he was in a band but didn't know just how good he was. We got lost in the song before I knew it we arrived at what Luke thinks is my "home."

"Oh, thanks." I slowly get out of the car.

"Soph? I quickly turn back around.

"Yeah?"

"I can pick you up for school tomorrow if you want?" He offers and I nod my head before he smiles and drives away.

As soon as I can no longer see his car, I begin sprinting to my real house, which wasn't too far.

"TATE?! ARE YOU HERE?" I yell throughout the house hoping for an answer.

"Yeah, I'm here." He peeks through the door of his room and I'm relieved.

"Oh thank goodness. I am so sorry I forgot to pick you up today. I had something at school I had to do." I say hugging him.

"It's okay. What are you wearing?" He asks, looking at Rosemary's dress.

"Oh it's nothing. Just a friend from school lent it to me." I add, forgetting I had it.

"Oh well can you tuck me in?" He asks with a pouty face.

"Of course." I giggle. I was happy to see Tate wasn't mad at me. I couldn't live with myself if he was.

"Sorry again for not picking you up today. It won't happen again." I say kissing his forehead and pulling a blanket over him.