Chapter 3

I wake up from a familiar sound I hear about once a week. The sound of Tate screaming his eyes out at two in the morning but can't say I was asleep anyway.

I come running into his room that he hasn't unpacked yet so he's lying on just a mattress.

"Tate! Tate what's wrong?" I say trying to calm him down.

"Sophie, I'm sorry I woke you. I had a nightmare." Tate usually has nightmares every week and I always come running in to help.

"It's ok. Just go back to sleep." I pat him on the head and tuck him back into bed.

"Soph?" He whispers and I turn back around in the doorway.

"What happens when you leave me? What am I gonna do? I can't live here without you Sophie!" He says and I come rushing back to his bedside.

"Tate, I want you to listen to me. I'm never gonna leave you. I'll always be with you and I would never let mom or dad do anything to hurt you. As long as I'm here you're safe." He smiles and gives me a hug.

"Now are you gonna be ok?" He nods and I head back to my room. In a couple hours I'll have to get up for school anyway so I probably won't get any sleep.

I was right. I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen to cook breakfast like I have to ever morning. I made some scrambled eggs and bacon.

I went to go and wake up Tate and I brought him some bacon and eggs to ease him out of bed. I decide to just eat some toast considering I'm a vegetarian.

"SOPHIA!!! DID YOU MAKE BREAKFAST?!" I hear my father yell from his bedroom.

"YES SIR!" I yell back.

"WELL DON'T JUST STAND THERE, BRING ME SOME BREAKFAST!" I do as he says and I look at the clock and I see that it's 5:52 AM. I have to be at school by 7:00 and I haven't even taken a shower yet. I quickly finish giving both my parents their breakfast and hop in the shower.

I've always taken incredibly long showers so I knew I probably wouldn't be getting out until about 6:30. I dry my hair and straighten it and throw on a All Time Low band tee and some ripped skinny jeans and my black converse. I put on my makeup and brush my teeth. I look at the time again and now it's 6:48.

"Tate, are you ready to go to school?" I call to him.

"I've been ready for the past ten minutes." He says handing me my lunch that I forgot to make.

"Aw thank you so much!" I say hugging him, and shoving the lunch in my bag.

The walk to school is about ten minutes so we should get there on time.

Once we get there I let Tate go to his half of the school since the school is divided into junior school and senior school. Tate is in the 2nd grade which makes him in the junior school and I'm in the 11th putting me in senior school.

The school looked like it has been there for hundreds of years. Once I walked in it felt like I had done a crime and now I'm in prison.

"Can I help you?" The woman at the desk asks me while smacking on gum.

"Umm I'm Sophie Daniels. I'm new." I say blankly.

"Oh yeah, you're parents were here yesterday. They said you are a real pain in the ass. I hope that's not true." She laughs, handing me my schedule.

I look over at the classes I'll be taking and as I head to my first class(algebraII) the bell rings causing people from every hallway to collide with one another.