Chapter 1

Lilly, the yellowish pup, got up and stretched. She looked at her brother as he scratched his head with his leg. She barked and he turned around.

"What Lilly?" The brown pup asked.

"I wanna play Brownie!"

"Okay. Catch me!" Brownie got up and started running. Lilly chased after him trying to grab his tail. Brownie ran around the couch but Lilly couldn't stop. She started to slide towards the wall. "Ahhh!" Lilly yelped. She hit the wall with a thud, then shook her head.

"Are you okay Lilly?"

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Good!"

Brownie looked over at the door as it opened. Their owner walked in with their mother. 

"Mom!" Lilly ran over to her mother, nuzzling her legs. "I missed you!"

"Oh, Lilly, it's okay. I'm fine, I just went on a walk. Go on now. Our owner will get you your food." 

"Okay Mom." Lilly walked off and jumped on the couch.

      Brownie walked up to mom, his rump shaking, and nuzzled her forelegs. Mom nudged him away and he jumped up onto the couch next to Lilly. Their owner unhooked their mom, then walked off into the kitchen. I'm starving! Come on owner get us our food already! Lilly heard the food bag open and watched Brownie leap off the couch and dart into the kitchen. Lilly got up, stretched, then jumped off the couch, making her way to the kitchen.

      She walked onto the tile in the kitchen, her claws clinking on the ground, and  turned the corner to face the counter. Brownie was eating his food, which is ALOT of food, quickly and by the time Lilly's bowl was on the ground, he was already done. She trotted up to her blue bowl and dug in. She savored the taste of the puppy chow, as she was getting used to it instead of her mothers milk, and it tasted of meat. A taste which she had come to love. After a few minutes she was done eating and backed away from her food.

Their owner picked up the two bowls and put them in the sink. Lilly watched the water flow from the faucet as it splashed on the bowls. Lilly loved watching her owner clean them off. She watched as he grabbed a cloth and started rubbing it around the bowls. After a minute or so, the owner turned off the water and grabbed a small towel. He grabbed the bowls and set them upside down on the towel and walked into his room. 

    She looked around for Brownie, then headed toward the back door. She pushed through the small, brown doggy door. Outside she saw that it was sunny, then out of the corner of her eye, she saw Brownie. He was in the corner of the yard , digging at something. Lilly walked over.

"What are you doing?" Lilly asked.

"Digging." He said still focused on his task.

"Why?"

"I smell something."

"Can you teach me how?"

"Sure. Just sniff the ground, then try to dig your claws into the ground."

"Okay."

     Lilly started sniffing around the yard. She found a strange smell and started digging. How long will it take till I find whatever this is? Finally, she came upon something silvery. She dug around it and then pulled it out. It was like it held something inside, so, Lilly started to chew on it until there was a small hole in it. She stuck her tongue in and there was a liquid in it. It was metallic tasting but she liked the taste, and continued to lap it up. After a while Lilly started to feel dizzy.

"Brownie, I don't feel so good."

"Why?"

"I found a silver bottle and it had a liquid in it. Then I drank it..." Lilly whimpered.

"I'm gonna go get Mom."

    Lilly felt weak and she fell on the grass. Her vision slowly darkened in front of her. The last thing she remembered was hearing her mothers horrified yips.