Chapter 9: Annoyance

"Tell me," Yuki started suddenly as they were walking towards Wave, looking at Tazuna from the corner of his eyes. "How long do you think your little plan will last?"

"W-What?" Tazuna stuttered, nearly tripping over himself as he hit a rock.

"As of the moment, I am the only one that knows," Yuki said with what could be considered as a reassuring smile. "But know that they will soon find out the truth." He turned his head to the bridge builder, "Their decision to continue this mission or not is well out of my control."

"But if it was your decision," Tazuna had to ask. "Would you stay and help me?"

Yuki pressed forward, not answering, "Let us move ahead. It would not do well for us to lag behind."

Tazuna stared at the man, only continuing when he looked back with his guarded cerulean gaze. "I 'ppreciate you all doing this," He finally spoke, addressing Team Seven as a whole.

"It's no problem, Tazuna-san," Kakashi said with an eye smile. Sasuke nodded as Sakura echoed her sensei.

Yuki studied the bridge builder for a moment, blue eyes unreadable as he tilted his head, "It's not too bothersome. I've been wanting to go to a place with water anyway." His eyes flickered to the sky, "However, we'll never make it to your village at the rate we're going." He yawned, closing his eyes as he put his arms behind his back.

"You ever wonder what he's thinking?" Sakura whispered to her crush.

"All the time," Sasuke answered, just as quiet.

"What I'm thinking is that you should focus on your surroundings," Yuki spoke up and the two genin straightened in embarrassment. As he said that, a metal claw snapped forward, slicing Kakashi in two.

"Sensei!" Sasuke and Sakura yelled, wide-eyed.

"Oh, noooo," Yuki waved his hands tiredly. "Kakashi's dead..."

"You sound happy about that," Tazuna pointed out after overcoming his shock.

"I am," Yuki pulled the bridge builder out of the way as a claw ripped by. "Those are poisoned," The raven-blonde pointed out as if showing off an item in a store.

Tazuna's eyes widened, however, at the information and he start4ed shaking like a leaf in his sandals. I'm going to die!

"Oh, would you calm down?" Yuki asked in annoyance before rolling his eyes. "You're not going to die. So dramatic." He murmured the last part. He watched as Sasuke took out one of the Demon Sisters (or whatever they were called because, honestly, Yuki could care less) before going to help Sakura.

Yuki glanced at Tazuna before rolling his shoulders, "I'm bored." Before the man could answer, the raven-blonde took off, tapping Sasuke's shoulder as he said, "Tag, I'm in."

Sasuke immediately skittered to a stop, taking up a defensive position in front of Tazuna. "Make it quick, Dobe," He told the man.

"Mou, so mean," Yuki pouted. "Fine, Teme." He took out two kunai from his hip pouch, expertly twirling them in his hands, before throwing one at the chunin in front of him. "May I assist you?" He asked Sakura with a foxy grin.

Sakura rolled her eyes good naturedly and took a step back, sweeping an arm at the chunin, who was getting ready to slice at the two, "By all means, have fun."

Yuki smiled wickedly, twirling his other kunai, "With pleasure." He spun around the claw that whizzed past his ear, grabbing the chain and pulling it towards him.

The chunin yelped in surprise as he was brought along for the ride before regaining his footing and snatching the metal claw back. He smirked when the blade caught the raven-blonde's shoulder, rigging into his back.

Yuki merely blinked, allowing himself to be pulled towards the chunin. His face was an inch away from the chunin's when he suddenly grinned with blood red eyes, "Big mistake."

Before the chunin could say or do anything, the raven-blonde stabbed him in the shoulder, the exact place he had hit, and the ninja howled in pain.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" Yuki said calmly, observing the chunin with blank eyes as the man fell to the ground. "Good. I'm getting tired of fighting worthless chunin." With that, he knocked the ninja out with a swift kick to the head before turning to his teammates. His eyebrows creased in worry at their sullen expressions, "What's wrong?"

"Kakashi's dead," Sakura answered, eyes downcast.

Sasuke looked at the raven-blonde, "Why aren't you upset?"

Yuki raised an eyebrow as if he found that thought amusing. "Two reasons," He raised two fingers and ticked on off. "One; I'm a ninja. Two;" Another. "I don't like Kakashi. Like, I really don't like him."

"You wound me, Kēki," A voice said and Sasuke and Sakura turned to see the Hatake, who had a hand on his chest in mock distress, looking very much alive.

Yuki, however, scowled, "Don't Kēki me, you stupid jounin. You up and disappeared while we fought the chunin." He motioned towards the children, "And look at them, they're in shock!"

"H-How?" Sakura stuttered in surprise. "We saw you die."

"He used a replacement jutsu," Yuki huffed, kicking a piece of wood on the ground with the toe of his boot.

"You ninja are crazy," Tazuna shook his head.

Sasuke and Sakura stood on either side of the bridge builder while Kakashi and Yuki stood just behind them. Suddenly, Yuki fell to his knees muttering a small, "Oh."

"Kēki?" Kakashi knelt in front of his partner, who held his stomach. "What's wrong?"

"I think I'm going to puke," Yuki groaned, swallowing the bile that tried to make its way up his throat. "Never mind."

"You were hit!" Sakura exclaimed once she remembered.

"Didn't you say the weapons were poisoned?" Tazuna asked with wide eyes.

"Hn," Yuki grunted in agreement, looking extremely annoyed instead of in pain. "This is so stupid. Give me a second," His eyes went blank and he slumped against Kakashi's shoulder.

"Is he okay?" Sasuke asked, concern filling his onyx eyes.

"Yes, he's just fine," The Hatake said with an eye smile.

Oi, stupid fox. Wake up.

A large demon fox opened an eye, revealing a beautiful golden color. He raised his head, regarding the human with an annoyed expression, Well, if it isn't the great Yukimoto. To what do I owe the pleasure?