Chapter 17

The Bad Boys Arrested?

Literally less than 5 minutes later, cops were bursting through the door and all over Chris and Vincent. The teachers were outside of the door staring and trying to calm down the students who had also heard about what had happened. I guess Tracey can't keep her mouth shut. I thought as I searched the crowd outside the room to see Seth standing there, trying to get through. "Katherine!" He shouted over the many people blocking his way. I slowly stood up and stared at the mess before me, not paying attention to Seth anymore. I was much calmer now knowing that there were cops here to put the chaos back in hell.

Vincent was struggling, trying to get away from one of the officers. Another cop had to literally get on him to put him in handcuffs and restrain him. Chris was unconscious from the beating he took from Vincent, so it wasn't any back talk with him. Let along breathing. I started to shake as another cop headed over towards me and turned me around, holding me against the wall and also putting me in handcuffs. I was going to protest as to what it was I've done wrong when I realized I was technically breaking and entering into this hotel room. This is not going to fly high with my parents. I thought as the cops led me, Vincent and Chris out the door and onto an elevator. Everyone was shouting at us and trying to ask us questions while taking pictures and uploading it to who knows where.

I sighed and kept my head down, too embarrassed to even look at anyone. I could feel Seth's eyes on me and it made me want to die. Literally die. But I knew all too well that wasn't going to happen. As the elevator doors closed I took a glance at Vincent, who was still trying to get away. There were now 3 officers restraining him. Jesus can you calm down. We're innocent. Chris was the ones with the drugs. I thought, realizing Vincent had drugged Chris. I had totally forgotten about that. Not only that, but James was no where to be found. Had he seriously escaped? That asshole.

The elevator finally made it to the first floor and the cops walked us out to a police car. Vincent had to ride in a separate car while me and unconscious Chris rode side by side in another. My head was hurting bad and I just wanted today to end. I was literally innocent and I had absolutely no way to prove it. So I just stayed quiet the whole way to the police station. Before we got there the police officer in the front passenger seat turned around a little and looked at me. "So you must be Katherine Winters." He said, holding up my ID badge from my school. I nodded and stared down at my lap, not sure of what to say. I mean shit clearly he knew who I was he had my fucking ID badge. Why did he even have to ask? Cops are so...

When we finally made it to the station, the police officers pulled me and Chris out and took us into separate rooms with a huge mirror inside. They sat me down in a chair where I waited for about an hour or two before a man in an all white suit entered and sat down in a chair across from me. "Katherine, Katherine... Katherine hmm.." He mumbled to himself, looking at my records. "It says here you're a clean kid. So why start breaking and entering?" He asked me, eyeing the bruise on my face. I looked down at the desk dumbfounded and tried to collect my thoughts. "What? No I didn't do any breaking and entering. I woke up there." I said, still looking at the desk.

The officer tapped his hand on the desk and glanced at me a bit harder. "Now lying won't get you anywhere Katherine." He said, warning me. I shot him an angered expression and tilted my head to the side. "And being a dick won't get you any answers. Like I told you. I woke up there." I said, rolling my eyes and looking at the mirror. The bruise on my left cheek was really big and swollen. If my skin wasn't so damn pale you'd probably think I used too much blush. It was really pink and not at all attractive. Ew so gross. Vincent would probably have this thing gone in no time. I smiled then without warning, thinking of Vincent and how he must be doing. He must be going crazy not being able to see me and whatever. The officer tapped the desk, sending me back to reality. "So what do you mean you woke up there? Were you kidnapped or something?" He asked, making me laugh.

"Hell no. But I would have been raped and drugged if it wasn't for my boy-er-my friend Vincent. I was in an elevator with Chris and this other guy James and-" He put up a hand to silence me. "James? Who may this be? And where is he now?" The officer asked, annoying the shit out of me. "Yeah I'm not his mother. I don't necessarily like to keep track on someone who's trying to rape me. Besides last I seen him he was unconscious in the hallway. I guess he came to and left later on. Anyway back to the point. Chris and James tried to drug and rape me in that room and Vincent saved my life." I said, looking at the officer's expression. He looked a bit confused and took a sip of his water. "So let me get this straight. Once Vincent saved you why didn't he call the police?" He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders and flipped my hair out of my face. "Yeah because I'm a mind reader. I don't know. I never asked. I just wanted to get out of that fucking room. Wasn't necessarily worrying about the police just yet." I was exhausted and it was starting to show in my voice. The officer nodded and jotted it down in his notepad. "Well you're free to go. Vincent refuses to speak to us so he'll be kept here with us for awhile." He said, standing up and heading towards the door. I stared at him blankly and stood up. "Wait what? Vincent can't go home? So is he going to jail for saving me?" I asked confused. The cop sighed and took me to the entrance. "She's free to go. Escort her back to the hotel, will you Mark?" He said to another officer as he walked me to the police car.

My head was fucking spinning. It was so unreal everything that had happened. It all happened way too fast and my brain wasn't fully understanding it yet. Was Vincent going to jail? And if he was, who was going to protect me from that maniac James who was still on the lose? Fuck me. I thought, getting into the back seat of the cop car and closing my eyes. What a day.