Chapter 46- The Ring

Rey's POV
"-It's a promise ring." I stand there in semi- shock, staring at Ben. I mean we've been dating for over a year, which is longer than my relationship with Conner. I guess I've never even considered us getting married one day.

"Ben..."

"I know this is probably a lot, but I've never met a girl quite like you Rey Olivia Queen. And I'd like to know when the time comes that we are ready, that your mine." I shake my head at the goofy brunette. There were no other words to describe him with.

"I'll have to think about it." I stand there with a completely blank expression, seeing how long I can mess with him.

"Well if you don't want it, I guess I'll give it to my next girlfriend." My eyes go wide in shock, making Ben double over laughing.

"I hate you!" I shout at him, with a smile on my face like an idiot. He pulls out the ring once more and I peck him on the lips.

"You're so sweet." With that I slip the ring onto my finger and we head back into the reception.

"Alright everyone! It's time to hear the speech from the Maid of Honor and Best Man!" At this Kara and Roy step forward. The first one to give their speech is Roy.

"Um... I don't really know what to say, I was the only one who would be the Best Man." I few people laugh as Roy stands up there awkwardly.

"I would like to say that the Queens have become the closest thing to a family as I will get, and I can't thank Oliver and Felicity enough for opening their doors for me. I have honestly never seen a couple more devoted and dependent of each other. So congrats you two." There's an applause through the crowd, and Kara steps up to the microphone.

Slowly Ben intertwines our hands as his mother begins to speak.

"Um... First off, can I just say aren't we all glad this day came?" The audience cheers, raising their glasses to my parents.

"Ya. Me too. I go way back with these two, and I would just like to thank Felicity for being there for me for so many years. And it just makes me so happy to see how Oliver has been there for you. So the best of luck to you two, I'm so happy you're together with such a lovely family." Kara steps down, and the crowd cheers.

"To the bride and groom!" Aunt Thea shouts, raising her glass to the air, everyone else following her lead.

I see my mom whisper to the DJ, and he hands her a microphone.

"Can I just take a moment to thank everyone for coming here to celebrate with Oliver and I. It means the world to us that you've cleared your schedules for a second time in the past twelve years. Wow... That makes me sound old." Everyone laughs as my mother begins to babble, my father cutting her off.

"Thank you to everyone." My father finishes and the music starts again.