Chapter 25

You quickly retracted your hands away from Dark and tried to stand up. Your own speed caused you to fall backwards onto the floor again. You look at him as he turned to look at you. His eyes were black and red again. He smiled as he slowly got up, while you were contemplated what you should do next, run or fight. After all, he overpowered Mark and, to you, a huge fan girl, was a sin. You would always be loyal to Mark and, most likely, would die protecting him, if given the situation. In your mind now, not only had Dark forced you to show your monster side, he attacked Mark. He was now standing up, this whole time looking into your eyes. He cocked his head to the side, "You wouldn't be planning on hurting me now, would you?" You grit your teeth at his smile. Without knowing it, you had gotten to your feet and lunged towards him, fist ready to make contact with his face. In a split second, he smirked, as he dodged you completely. You recovered and lunged at him again. Dark chuckled as he dodged again, leaving you to punch a wall and leaving a dent. "Now now," he said as he waved a finger, "Let's have a reasonable conversation instead of fighting." You glared at him as you tried to kick him, missing, and hitting the table with Mark's glasses, knocking them to the floor. "Really, y/n?" Dark said putting one hand on his hip and the other hand gesturing toward the fallen but unharmed glasses, "Calm down now before you break something." His calm outlook on this situation seemed like a mockery to you, like he couldn't care less about what he did with Mark. "That's the idea," you say, meaning to break his bones. It was then that you realized that you were starting to tire, but you didn't care due to all of the adrenaline coursing through your body. Dark then looks into your eyes, so you could see something flash in his. You couldn't tell what it said exactly, but you knew it was a warning. You didn't care, for you were fighting for the Markimoo you watched before all of this bull crap happened. You formed two fists as you charge towards Dark, looking him straight in the eye. "So that's how it will be then?" He says as you close in on him, "Fine." You didn't know what he meant by that, but you launched your fist to punch him. Just centimeters before it made contact with his nose, he grabbed your wrist firmly. You anime gasp at his speed as you started to panic a little on the inside. You face him and see that he had a serious but calm face. You try to pull your hand back, but his grip caused it to hurt when you moved it. He slowly lowered it from his face,trying not to startle you. You instinctively bring your freehand up to try and pry his fingers off but that hand met the same fate as well. Now with both hands completely useless, you squeeze your eyes shut as you look down, trying to walk backwards away from him. Dark squeezed harder and stopped you completely, as you yelped from the small amount of pain. "Y/n, look at me," you heard him say very close to your face. You turned away from where his voice came from, only to feel a tendril bring and hold your face up to look at Dark. Reluctantly, you open your eyes to see that his face had softened a little bit, but not entirely. "Now then, what seems to be the problem here?" He says in a serious and calm voice. His eyes trapped yours from looking away, for, though they were definitely not normal, they seemed to be hypnotic. "Y-you attacked Mark." you say with a hint of fear. He couldn't help but smile at you. "Oh, y/n" he says sweetly, "I am Mark," You grit your teeth in frustration. "No! You're just trying to get rid of him so you can live!" You say as you recalled many fanfictions that you had stumbled across, most coming from the website that is known as Wattpad. He began to laugh as his grip loosen. You took this opportunity to break free and step back a few feet away from him. When he recovered, he looked at you with a smile, "I'm no monster that is literally an exact copy of Mark, who just has the tendency to be a little bit more violent and or "evil" than him." His response shocked you. Did he read fanfiction? And if so, was it 'X Reader' ones? "No, no, no. I am still Mark, no split personally, no possession, no brainwashing to be a monster," he said as he started walking closer to you. Fear came back to greet you, making it so you didn't want to be near him at the moment, so you turned around and started to run. You manage to find the exit but are pulled to the floor by tendrils, just as you grabbed the doorknob. They flipped you so you were on your back and and soon covered you completely so you couldn't get up or move. You tried to struggle but your strength was being stripped away. You see Dark approach you as if you hadn't just tried to run away. That smile of his was now a dominate smile. "This me is a man who is "insane" to the eyes of most people, can manipulate the essence of power that exists around everything in the universe," he paused as he knelt down right next to you, "And, longs to control, manipulate, and overpower whoever and whenever he pleases."