Chapter 23

You felt the knife slip from your hands as you quickly took in what had happened. Your hairs stood up on their ends when you heard the clank of the knife. You could smell the stench of bleach, of which you used to get rid of the blood. You shakily turn to look at the box on the ground and saw a little bit of your mom's bloody hair from the opening. You stumbled back and fell back onto the floor and scooted backwards until your back hit a wall. Your heart raced as if you were running for your life, something that shock and fear was keeping you from. You wanted to whisper 'Mommy?" but your voice died deep down in your throat. You looked up to see your father, still tied down in his chair. Seeing such a monster become completely afraid and vulnerable allowed him to feel rage towards you again. "You monster!" He screamed, causing you to cringe and become even more frightened, "How dare you try to be all defenseless after you took the life of your own mother?!?!" Your tears were now dams that had just broke as you struggled to find your voice. He didn't give you anymore time, "You're no daughter of mine, Satan spawn! GO BURN IN HEll!" This was too much to handle. You broke right then. You doubled over into the fetal position, grabbed your head and started screaming, trying to block out your memories with your sobbing. You father continued shouting at you but you force yourself to drown him out. DEAR GOD! PLEASE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!! You scream in your head as you begged for all of this to be fantasy. Then, almost immediately, both yours and your father's screaming ceased, for something gently and swiftly wrapped around your mouth. You look up with blurry vision to see Dark standing near your father. You father didn't have any tendrils covering his mouth, but was silenced by this sinister stranger standing so close to him. Almost faster than you could register, Dark tapped him with a tendril, which instantly knock him out. You lay on the floor, still sobbing like crazy. If you had any strength left, you would have used it to get the heck out of there. But you were immobilized by your current events. Dark then looked into your eyes and smiled. You inhale sharply to see his eyes appear the way you had seen them in a dream: black eyes with red pupils. When you saw him move towards you, you tried to get up but collapsed back onto the floor. When you looked back up at him, he was right in front of you. "There, there. It's over, for now. Calm down, y/n" he said softly. You only sobbed harder, though you couldn't hear it. Your body automatically tensed when you saw Dark get on one knee and take a hold of your body. You thought he was putting you under again, but he lifted you off the ground and stood up. (Black Butler fans, think of Sebastian picking up Ciel) "Please..." you plea thru tears, "Why are you here?" You felt his tendrils help hold onto you. "Shh, not right now," he whispers, "We need to go somewhere else before we talk." You sob again, and, just like before, you felt your consciousness drain away.