Chapter 8

"Mom?" you whisper gasped, your hand still stung from the slap. She looked up at you, like a dog who was just beaten by it's master. Strong remorse and confusion were the only emotions that you could feel at the moment. It was worsened when you could see bloody slash marks on her face. The thought that you just wounded your mother was bad enough but to also see that you drew blood was unbearable. Immediately, the nurse picked up your sobbing mother and carried her out of the room. Your father gave a fearful glance at you before he ran out to be at your mother's side. Not knowing what else to do, you dared to take a look at your throbbing hand. You started to cry: your finger nails seemed to have sharpen and your hand was stained in blood. You looked at the doctor with blurry vision, "What have I done?" you struggled to say. This whole ordeal was too much to take. Though you knew that you caused harm, you wanted someone to comfort you. The doctor had calmed down and tried to give a smile, but you couldn't blame him for being afraid. " Miss l/n, please excuse me for a moment." with that, he nervously got up, walked out of the room and closed the door. The room felt dark, cold, and empty. Everything was silent. You were scared. But you didn't make a sound. It felt like there was something else with you and if you did anything, it would become malevolent. You tried to only listen to your breathing but even that terrified you. You wanted the doctor or the nurse to return, to drive away the 'thing'. Instead, you heard a familiar voice next to you. "Hey, why are you so nervous?" an upbeat and surprisingly cheerful tone said. Not, wanting to make a peep, you cautiously look over in its direction. You saw the 'other' you, smiling and sitting on the floor. "Y-you again?" you stuttered. "Yep! Me again," she said standing up. Without warning she took ahold of your red hand and examined it. Her quick movements made you jump a little. "Oh calm down. I would never hurt you." she responded as she let go. " I must say, I didn't expect you to act this way this early." "What?" you grabbed you wrist and pulled it close to you. "Oh, let me help you understand," she started. You had a feeling that this was going to be a long explanation but you need one. " Once you met me, directly, it was only a matter of time before you have sudden changes, like seeing silhouettes instead of people, hearing voices from your dark side of your mind, and violent urges. However, I wasn't expecting you to experience this for a few months." You just sat there, confused and still trying to drink all of her words in. "Hum, I see that something is bugging you," she grinned, "I'll leave for now so you can get everything together." She then vanished, just as the door opened. The doctor stepped in, turned on the lights, and stood next you. "Miss l/n." Afraid, you sat up straight. " I have to tell you something really important. I know you were terrified by the events that just happened but I must tell you this. You are mentally unstable and you are going to have to stay some time at the Y/S Mental Institute.