BEEP! BEEP!

Yes! It was Jordan. What was taking him so long? He parked it two meters away from where I was. Will stopped dragging me and let go.

“Come on then,” I hear Jordan saying from the car.

“Um…Okay,” I say and run into the car.

I open the door to the car and jump in to the front seats. I see Will observing me closely. Okay, you can do this. Just remember, it’s to save myself.

I open my arms and give Jordan a big hug.

“Jordan, I thought you’d never come,” I say. “For a minute I thought you stood me up.”

I want to start to laugh but I can’t. Jordan’s expression looks confused. Or like he just met a fairy. It was hilarious.  

“Who’s that?” Asks Will, standing by the open door.

“You mean J…” I pause. Say it you idiot. Say the word. “Actually I’d like you to meet my fiancé, Jordan,”

“Fiancé?” Jordan narrows his eyebrows, looking totally clueless.

“Yes you silly man. Remember we’re engaged,” I explain.  

I try to make eye contact with him but he isn’t concentrating. I nudge him and I mime the word ‘act’ and finally he understands.

“Engaged?” Will says, disappointed. “Well where is your ring?” He asks.

Damn it! He just had to ask that. I search the room for something to find. But all I find was a packet of Haribos. Bingo! I sneakily pull out the ring shape haribo and slip it in my finger.

“Here,” I say, pointing my ring finger at his face. “He bought me a diamond ring but I didn’t want to ruin it so I use this as a replacement. When we first met this was what he proposed with because he forgot to buy a ring,” I lie.

I glance over at Jordan and to be honest, he doesn’t look very happy.

“How long have you guys been engaged?” Gosh. This guy asks way too many questions.

“Well-“

“Actually, it was a couple of days ago in Fiji,” Jordan interrupts. I hate it when he does that. “We came back yesterday.”

Fiji? As if. Will is nodding his head and I feel sort of sorry for him when I see that sad face of his. I shake my head and tell my self to snap out of it and I do. There was a really awkward silence.

“Well, I better be going,” He finally says, breaking the silence.

"Why don't you come by my house for dinner tomorrow. Here's my address," Jordan's hands him a piece of paper but he doesn't look at me. 

How could he do this? Oh god. It has to be a dream. Please let it be a dream. But it wasn't of course. It was all real. Why, oh why was this happening to me? 

"Great," Will says, happily.

I push Will back and shut the door and fasten my seat belt. I watch him walk away as the snow began to fall. I look at Jordan with fury. But I can tell he was pretending not to notice. I hope Will doesn't turn up at Jordan's house. I defiantly wasn't going to go. 

  The snow gets stronger as we reach my house. Jordan parks the car right in front of the door of my house and we both get out.

“So,” Jordan begins. “Your dad will be happy to see you and to know your engaged.” He snorts.

I roll my eyes but I laugh too. I guess it was quite funny; I wouldn’t blame him for laughing.

I knocked on the door and dad opened the door. The first thing he did was give me a hug. I think I could almost see tears in his eyes.

“Dad, I missed you.” I tell him. “Don’t worry I’m alright.”

“I thought something awful had happened,” He cries. “Alex was about to pull of her wedding.”

“No way,” I say, shocked.

“Jordan, thank you for taking care of my daughter,” Dad adds. “I know you two don’t really…”

I elbow dad, softly on his arm. How long has it been, thirty seconds and he’s already embarrassing me.

“Well, thank you,” Dad finally says.

“No problem Mr. Adams.” Said Jordan.

“Son, call me Tom,” Dad taps Jordan’s shoulder and welcomes us both inside.

I enter the living room and Alex and Caitlin give me a hug. Alex is exclaiming about how she almost cancelled her wedding but I just laughed. Blight also was there. He jumped onto my hand and made himself cosy and had a nap. I stroke his soft fur and he purrs. There was someone else too. 

“Claire!” I exclaim.

“Abbey, I heard what happened to I decided to stay at yours and wait for you to come back. We were all so worried.” Claire explains.

“I’m sorry for worrying you all,” I apologise and give Claire a hug.

“And who is your friend?” Claire asked.

Jordan and I began to cough. Friends? I don’t think so. As for Claire, she looked confused.

“We’re not what you would call ‘friends.’” I begin. “More like…” I try to find a word that described us but nothing popped into my head.

“Well you must be Claire,” Jordan begins. “It’s a pleasure to meet you,” It’s a pleasure to meet you? He can really act.

“He’s kind of good looking,” She whispers.

“No he isn’t,” I disagree. Good looking? I don’t think so. Well maybe a bit. Abbey stop it!

“Jordan’s not going to stay.” I tell dad. “Are you?”

“Well, maybe for a couple of minutes.” I knew what he was doing. He was trying to annoy me. “Oh and this might be yours.” He pulls out a pocket size diary from his pocket.

Oh no! How did he get hold of that? My life is ruined. I snatch it off him, almost wanting to burst into tears. This is so embarrassing. I put Blight on the sofa and my two sisters go off into their rooms. I slide the diary in my pocket and I glance at my reflection on the TV screen and my cheeks a turning cherry red.

Claire, dad, Jordan and I sit down on the sofa. Dad gets up again and asks me,

“Darling, what would you like?”

“Just cereal,” I answer.

“Jordan?”

“No thank you, Tom.” Jordan answers. “I am going home and Liane, the maid, has made me something to eat. In fact I must be going now. Thank you.” He thanks and he rose front his seat and reached for the door.

“Jordan, just one more thing,” Dad rushes off out of the room and zooms back in and hands him a decorated envelope. “Alex’s wedding. I hope you and your family can come,”

“Thank you,” Jordan thanks again. “I’m sure it can be fitted into the schedule.” He smiles.

Dad and Jordan shakes hands, wave’s goodbye at Claire and nods at me. Well a nod is nice isn’t it? He leaves, closing the door behind him. I turn to Claire and I couldn’t wait to tell her everything. About the auditions, the accident, Jordan and the boiler room incident and more. This was going to be an awesome month, even though it hasn’t started off very good.

Claire and I headed into my bedroom and Blight followed behind. We sat on my bed and I thought about how I should start. There was so much to tell. Dad burst into the room minutes later with a bowl of Cheerio’s. I forgot all about breakfast. I quickly stuffed it into my mouth and drank some water. Claire was curious to know what happened when she was gone.

She was going to come to Alex’s wedding, luckily. She wasn’t a bridesmaid but Alex said she could tag alone. (In a nice way, obviously!)