4. Takao Kazunari: Mine

Start from the beginning

The way he said it sent goosebumps up your arms, even though they were covered by your linty (F/C) sweater. His usual cheerfulness was replaced with a dark, dangerous aura. The room felt a lot stuffier, as if Takao's words had turned up the heat ten degrees while speaking. Your body tensed like a snake coiled in a corner, the lack of windows becoming blatantly obvious. You fought the urge to look over your shoulder and to the doorway, and to sprint out.

How could such a simple sentence make you that paranoid?

"Don't freak out, (Y/N)-chan." Takao smirked, as if your uneasiness entertained him. "I just wanna talk about something I've been thinking about lately. Do you remember when we first met?"

You slowly nodded, letting go of the cupcake and wiping your hand on a cloth. "Yeah, you were transferred to my history class and sat next to me." You recounted. "Then we started talking and became friends."

"Wrong!" Takao snapped, rage growing on his features before vanishing in a split second. "What I meant was that we first met in health class. I sat behind you and you asked to hand you your pencil because you'd dropped it." A soft sigh escaped his slightly pouted lips, and he shook his head. "Of course you wouldn't have remembered that moment, (Y/N)-chan. You went right back to talking with your friends when I gave it back. It was exactly eight school days later that I was transferred to your history class. Which, might I add, was exactly five years ago on this very day."

"Cheers to that!" You laughed halfheartedly, desperately trying to lighten the atmosphere but epically failing.

"You've never been good at telling jokes, (Y/N)-chan. Don't think that poor attempt helps you in that area."

You inwardly flinched at that. Takao had always been kind to you, never arguing or stirring any drama. Why was he now giving you such harsh comments?

"Anyways, on this five-year anniversary, I invited you to my house to take our relationship to the next level."

He rose from his chair and knelt in front of you, taking your hands in his. Panicking, you began to stammer and flush red at his actions. "Wh-what are you doing?" You squeaked, eyes widening to the size of the moon. "Kazu-kun, I don't think you should joke around like this, because it's not funny!" This is really, really, not funny!" Reaching into his back pocket, his hand reappeared with a navy blue velvet box and you began to feel faint. "N-no way! Oh my gosh, I'm only twenty and w-we're not even together and –"

Before you knew it, Takao was towering above you, his much larger hands fastened onto your wrists so hard they were bruising. The container laid forgotten on the floor, but it was the least of your concerns with Takao's glaring. It was as if he were shooting daggers right into your soul, a frightening gleam in his eyes. Your insides curdled and you instinctively leaned away from him.

"(F/N) (M/N) (L/N), do you really think I care about our ages or how we're not even together?" He questioned, his voice scarily calm. "Statistics say that marriage is the closest form of a romantic relationship and to be married this young gives us roughly seventy more years or so to be together. Isn't that great (Y/N)-chan?"

"No, it's not!" You cried, wriggling to pull free. "Let go of me, Kazunari! I don't want to get married to you! Please, just stop it! LET GO!"

The slap echoed the room, silencing time and movement. Takao was slightly hunched over with his face turned, the angry red mark on his cheek blaring at you. You stopped breathing and swore your heart even came to a halt. Blood began to roar in your ears, your instincts screaming at you to get out of there. Slowly, so terribly slowly, Takao turned his head and met your gaze with silver slits full of crazed hatred. You inhaled sharply and flew out of the room, his hand missing your shoulder by a hair.