The Battle is Won

~Aragorn POV~

How could she leave?! I did this to protect her. She may not be able to die, but it doesn't mean she can't be put in danger. Saruman wants to claim her. What if he succeeds? Oh Valar...

I began fighting the Uruks with new ferocity. A sense of urgency overcame me, I had to find her. I slashed at the beasts, lopping off their heads and stabbing them brutally. I managed to reach the outer wall before I was stopped by Théoden.

"Lord Aragorn where are you going?!" He shouted.

"It's Raina! She's out there!"

"That damn girl..." He muttered. "Leave her! I need you here!"

"But what about her?! We can't just leave her out there!" I protested. "I promised I would protect her."

"What of my men?! Their courage hangs by a thread. You are the only one who can save us."

I began to run towards the gate that would lead me directly on to the battlefield, and hopefully, Raina.

"Close the gate!" Théoden shouted.

"No!"

"You cannot leave Aragorn, not yet. We will look for the girl when we are in a more stable condition. You have my word. Now please, help us."

~Raina POV~

I could see the gate in my sight when all of a sudden it began to close. I was in the outer walls of the city, which was overrun by Uruks. The main gate had already been smashed and I was at a loss of what to do.

What do I do now? There is nowhere to go...

"Raina!"

I looked up. Legolas was looking down on me from a wall higher up in the city. He was armed with his bow and a large bundle of rope. He tossed it down.

I began to climb when an Uruk tried to hack at my leg with its axe. I grabbed one of my throwing daggers from out of a secret compartment in my shoulder and threw it. It hit the creature in the throat and blood splattered all over the side of the wall.

Legolas began to hoist me up until I was at the edge of the wall. He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me onto the platform.

"Thank you." I breathed.

"Does Aragorn know you are here?" Legolas asked in shock.

"I do not know." I admitted. "But I suspect so, I bumped into Gimli not long ago. Have you seen Aragorn recently? Does he fair well?"

"Aye, he does. I saw him fighting a pack of orcs a few minutes ago. He was unharmed as far as I could see."

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Good."

"He will not be happy that you are here, I hope you understand that."

I sighed again. "I know. But I can't just sit back whilst other people take risks for me. It's not how I do things. They are mortal. I am not. You can relate, can't you?"

"I can't say I don't. I understand where you are coming from. But Aragorn just wants to protect you."

"I know, Legolas. I know."

~Aragorn POV~

The king ordered us to ride out. The Sun was coming over the horizon. Gandalf...

I readied a horse and set off into the fray once again. Many others joined us, including Legolas, who had someone riding with him, presumably Gimli.

We fought the Uruks until we heard a horn blast and a bright ray of sunshine shone down on us all. I looked up to see a figure in white and an army behind him. I laughed in astonishment. We are actually going to win!

The army came charging down and the Uruks desperately tried to form ranks to no avail. They fled to the forest, where they were devoured by the trees.

We all cheered in triumph. Gimli rode next to me in his small steed.

"We did it!" He cheered.

"We did indeed, my friend." I smiled. Wait. Where is Raina? And- If Gimli isn't on the back of Legolas' horse... then who is?!

I whipped my head around towards Legolas. He turned to cheer at one of his elven kin. I was met face to face with Raina, and I had never been angrier.