Chapter 1 - Welcome to Gravity Falls

"I can't wait for summer to end

"I can't wait for summer to end." I groaned to myself as I watched the heavy rain pour down from the sky.

"Oh sweetheart, I know this isn't what you had in mind for your summer vacation, but I really do think that you'll have the time of your life!" My mom reassured as I softly rolled my eyes. "There is plenty of forest to explore, you can go hiking, there is even a pool somewhere In town I'm pretty sure!" my mom continued from the passenger set.

"Oh! I love 'public pools', because we totally didn't have any of those back in California." I sarcastically groaned doodling a sad face on the car window from the mist.

"Kiddo, there are plenty of old monument's hidden around here too, you're into that stuff aren't you." my father said keeping his eyes on the road.

"I guess..." I sighed as we passed a rickety sign, that looked decades old, "Welcome to Gravity Falls." I said in a mocking voice as I sunk down into my seat.
"Kill me now."

"We're here!" my father mused while pulling in front of this old rickety shack. The triangular shack had mismatched shingles and wood panels covering the majority of the roof. The letters that read 'Mystery Shack' were plenty weather worn and the S in Shack had fallen onto the roof. The shack was surrounded by tall evergreen trees.

"Wow, I thought you guys loved me, why are you sending me to a crack house?" I said, my tone was laced with sarcasm, however genuine concern did seep through in my facial expression.

"I promise you will love it here." my father said looking behind his seat right at me. "Your mother and I need to go now so we can catch our flight." My father said as I gave my parents one last pleading look. "We will call you as soon as we land, we love you so much honey." my mom sang as I stepped out of there car with my suite case.

"I love you too." I said turning around giving them a small smile as I watched them drive away. The thought of crying out, "take me with you!" rang in my head like a sick joke. I sighed and made my way towards the front door, my sweater being speckled with rain.

I let a heavy knock on the wooden door. The door practically flew open revealing a girl about my age with braces a big pink sweater and long brown hair.

"You must be y/n!" Her high pitched voice shouted exitedly. "Heh, that's me." I responded awkwardly with a small smile as I scratched the back of my head. "Come in! Come in!" she beamed excitedly. I walked in and the place had this rustic feel to it; it was quite cozy. To be honest it didn't look half bad.

I looked around as Mable smiled at me. "Welcome to the Mystery Shack." she beamed at I smiled back at her. "It's going to be so nice having another girl around! There's already one two many smelly boys for my liking. Oh! Speaking of smelly, I'll go get Grunkle Stan." she said rushing into the living room and went behind some curtain.

Siting there in the living room I noticed a boy who looked just like Mable with his nose buried into a rather big, old looking book. He had a blue pinetree hat on. Mable came dragging out Stan, a old man that looked almost as old as the book that boy was reading. He was a close friend of my fathers back when they were in university. From the stories I've heard Stan is a extremely intelligent and obsessed with the abnormal.
I was supposed to go to Orlando to vist my Grandma but my father said I would have more fun here.

His eye patch, tuxedo and fez definitely screamed abnormal, but the super genius part he doesn't exactly look. "Hey kid, welcome to the mystery shack, your home for the summer." he spoke with a rather gruff voice sticking his hand out and I shook it. As I shook his hand, I recalled that my father said something about his fingers; what he said exactly I can't seem to remember. Oh well, maybe I'll remember later.

"You can call me Stan, that's Mable. And the nerd over there is Dipper." he said plainly as I heard the boy scoff from the chair. "Hey Dipper! Get you butt over here!" Mable yelled.