Gone

The next morning, after saying goodbye, Maki and her pups set out to find Riko and Leasha and their pups. Fortunately, it only took them about ten minutes to run there.

When they arrived there, however, it seemed abandoned. "Hmmm, that's odd." Maki thought. "Why would they leave if they knew we were visiting?"

So Maki, Tyler, Blake, and Dalila trotted back home reluctantly. When Sharp saw them come back, he was concerned. Was Maki injured? Were the pups injured? Did Riko yell at them? Finally he called Heather to him and she gasped, looking surprised to see Maki returning after leaving fifteen minutes ago.

Once Maki reached them, she cut to the chase. "Where are Riko, Leasha, and their pups (Daisy, Jasper, and Smokey)?"

Heather and Sharp had twin expressions of fear, confusion, and worry on their faces. "WHAT!?!"

"So you don't know?" Maki asked, cocking her head as if puzzled by the whole situation.

"Your brother and Leasha were very excited to visit with you, I don't think they would leave just like that." Heather remarked.

"That's odd..." Sharp trailed off, obviously thinking the same thing. "I could go with you to search for them, they can't be too far away." he replied to Maki.

"Oh, yeah? And what will I be doing?" Heather asked.

"You will be watching the pups." Sharp answered.

"You are so sexist sometimes!" Heather growled. "Fine, I'll watch the pups."

"Thanks mom!" Maki howled over her shoulder as she bounded away with Sharp.

Let's go find Riko and Leasha!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Haha! I've got lots of ideas up my sleeve! But I don't wanna give away any spoilers! (:
I hope you liked the chapter and I am really happy with the number of reads, votes, and comments I've been getting, so thanks! Keep it up! You guys are awesome! If you have any suggestions you are always welcome to comment me! Peace out!