Family Reunion

The pups were play-fighting outside the cave, when Maki approached them and said, "I think it's time we visited your cousins, don't you?"

Blake and Tyler stopped play-fighting at once. "Really!?!" they both yelped.

Dalila looked confused for a moment, then asked, "You have cousins? How many? What are their names?"

Tyler immediately hopped in front of her. "We have seven cousins in all. Their names---- "

He was cut off as Blake pinned him down. " ----are Daisy, Jasper, Smoky, Poppy, Kali, Dawn, and Blaze. We also have two new uncles and a new aunt. Their names are Coal, Breeze, and Taka." he finished.

Maki chuckled at her pups' eagerness to answer Dalila's questions. "Let's pay them all a visit today. Your father already said we could."

"Yay!" the pups cheered.

---------------------

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"How about now?"

"No."

"Aren't we almost there?"

Maki sighed. This had been going on for almost an hour. "It's just over that next hill, okay?"

"Okay." the pups answered sullenly.

When they got to the top of the hill, all three pups gasped. At the bottom of the hill was a cave. Nearby, a stream gurgled cheerfully. Then they saw Coal, Breeze, and Taka racing up to them.

Blake and Tyler howled with joy as they got bowled over by their aunt and uncles (Sharp and Heather's babies, if you haven't guessed). "We missed you guys so much!" Taka howled. "Come on, let's go play hunter!"

"I call being the alpha wolf!" Blake announced.

"But I'm the oldest, so I should be alpha wolf!" Coal declared.

"You're only the oldest by two seconds!" Breeze retorted.

"So!?!" Coal inquired.

"I don't care, as long as I'm not the buffalo this time." Tyler protested.

"Yeah, can I be a rabbit?" Taka asked.

The pups then trotted off, in search of a suitable frolicking area. Maki chuckled. Pups will be pups. Then she saw her mother. "Heather, long time no see!"

Heather raced up to Maki and licked her cheek. "It's good to see you."

Maki nuzzled her mother in return. "It's nice to visit home every once in awhile."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yay! I finally got an update in! (:

Sorry about the late update and all, but school has had my brain fried. Seriously. School sucks.

I really enjoyed writing this chapter, I'm really looking forward to the next one! Please vote, comment, and follow me! (:

Thanks!