There was still 15 minutes more. But sooner they go is better for my health. I can't handle any of these drama anymore. She never bothered about us. Why now? All these "My Zain! My bacha!" is just a sham.She never treats Zain as her son. Even the deaf could figure out the lies in her words. The smug smile of satisfaction displaying in her eyes, the smirks which hides behind her fake tears gives that she is doing these things only out  of formality. Thanks that no relatives are here. I can't guess how hard these will get if someone was around. As for Najma, her so called pure intention for coming here is revealed in how her eyes are sticking at Zain.

"Okay then!" She walked towards me. "Kashaf dear, ask me anything. Call if there's improvement. Keep your phone always on, I'll call you time being. I'll send you the food" She carressed my cheek, which felt like it was intended to be a slap.

I shook my head "No need of that, auntie"

"Oh please! You are my bahu(daughter-in-law)" Waving her hand in air she left after Jamaal bhai, leaving her mindless daughter behind.

"Najma!" I called her. She turned swaying her hips.

"Yes?" Her black curls bounced against her eyes.

I took seat back in the chair marking my territory with Zain. This small foolish act felt necessary. "This is the last time I'm warning you. Leave my husband. Stop giving these seductive glances at him"

I never had insecurities of Najma stealing away Zain, because I knew how he hates her guts. But now I'm afraid. Afraid to lose him in the hands of this slut. I want Zain only to be mine. The gazes she drills in my husband brings out possessiveness in me, which was not before. I want to tear her eyes out.

"You can't kick me out. This is hospital and not your room" She smirked casting another glance at him.

"Of course I cannot do anything  in this hospital. Stay where ever you want. The reception, the operating room so that they take care of your damaged brain or even in the washroom, I don't care. But if come anywhere near my husband I would surely not hesitate in kicking you out.  Because only the family is allowed to stay with him, as in his wife" I said with full seriousness.

My last word seemed to hit the target, as she left the room booming in anger.

"That was easy" I grinned looking at Zain.

Maybe on seeing the three leaving, the nurses didn't come barking the rules again. I was again in the silence waiting for him wake up. Realizing my love for him was something. I blushed at a mere thought of it like a crazy teenage girl. Only if I realized it before. Only if I had trusted. Only if I wasn't stubborn.

All these 'only ifs' doubled my will of making things right.  To make this marriage a success. That is when I promised myself that I won't let things slip out of my hands anymore.

When sitting idly was not helping, I took Zain's hand in mine and started reciting surah ya'seen, which I memorized long back. When I was in the last few verses I was interrupted by a female voice,

"You need to leave. No visitors allowed after this time" A plump nurse stood with the stack of medicines in her hand.

I ignored her and continued with my reading. Once finished, l breathed it over Zain and turned to her. "Please few more minutes"

She shook her head. "Sorry, we can't. Visitations are till five. This is an emergency ward. If it was an another ward, one relative is allowed with the patient. But not in this. You have to leave" She stood adamant.

"I can't leave him like this" I begged.

"You can wait in the waiting area. We will inform if something happens"