Chapter 6: Let's Just Say I Saw Something There That Gave Me The Idea, Cookie

Start from the beginning

I sighed. "Fine! You know what? Just get out please! I don't want to deal with this anymore!" I looked at him straight in the eyes. "Especially you, I don't wanna deal with you anymore."

"How touching, I'm special. I feel flattered, love." River deadpanned. I frowned at him.

Curse you!

"Mate, let's just go," another one of Clint's friends said. Clint looked at me with the hint of 'explain later' plastered on his face before patting River on the back and leading the boys outside. His two gal friends however decided to stay.

"Sorry about that," the one who talked back to River said. She's got a luxuriant, long, curly blonde hair that falls back behind her. Her petite body screams perfect along with her sparkling hazel eyes. "I'm Natalia from the kingdom of Fannay. You're free to call me Talia."

"Nice to meet you, Talia." I shook her hand, smiling at her gratefully. "I'm Alex."

I turned to the other girl with chocolate brown hair thrown in a messy bun. She's got sapphire blue eyes, fair skin and slim figure. Her features resemble someone I've seen before. "I'm Trina." She said with a slight smile.

I narrow my eyes at her. "Trina? Does that stand for Katrina as in princess Katrina of Zolora?" I asked.

She smiled. "Yeah. How did you know?"

I jumped excitedly. "Omygosh! My bestfriend loves you very much! He admires your moves and he can't keep his mouth shut about you." I paused to breathe. "Don't you know that he's got it all? Clippings and some other collectibles and..." I stopped when I realized that I was embarrassing Travis.

Talia laughed. "Oh my, you've got a major fangirl here"

"Boy," I corrected her.

"Fanboy," she said again and winked at me. I laughed.

"Really, huh? Um...I don't know what to say. Thank you, I guess?" Trina offered a sheepish smile. " I guess I didn't expect someone to recognize me as the dancing superstar."

"She wants to be recognized as the school girl who loves Mathematics, don't you, Trina?" Talia teased.

The brunette rolled her eyes, smiling. "Do shut up." Her eyes caught mine. "So you're Alex. I believe Clint's mentioned you before."

I shrugged. "That's me. Alexandrea Reinolds but Alex is fine."

"Well, nice to meet you, Reinolds."

"Pardon our friend, River, though." Talia said with a concerned look. " I don't know what's gotten into him. He's actually a very quiet person. Man of few words, you see. But a few minutes ago- with you- I don't think he's himself."

I opened my mouth to say something when Trina beat me onto it. "Or maybe," she began. "Maybe he is himself. Maybe someone is pulling the trigger for him to find his real self."

Talia and I looked at her, confused. "What are you trying to say?"

Trina eyed me before shrugging. Talia suddenly grinned, finally getting what her friend is on about.

Uhm...

I laughed awkwardly before telling them that I really need to take a bath before I stink to death. Before going out of my room, Trina smirked and it honestly bothers me so much because I really have no idea on what they're pointing out.

-

-

Realizing how long the morning was surprised me. First the talk with Clint and then the meet-the-friends moment. And the rain hasn't still stop.

Not quite in the mood to go outside, I wore something different. A light pink knee-length sleeved dress. I'm not usually a fan of pink but here I am. I braided my hair a messy fishtail before going to the throne room- where I'm guessing everyone is.

"Looking nice Alex," Kit complimented when I approached them.

"Oh Kit, she's always looked nice. People just don't appreciate it at times." Ella said.

I smiled at them shyly. "Thanks."

"Anyway, I wanna go to the gallery today," I told them. "The rainy weather has something to do with it, I think. Images of what I wanted color to achieve kept on popping in my brain, it hurts."

"Alright," Kit nodded. "I'll tell Monsieur Phinues to let you in."

Monsieur Phinues is the palace painter and portrait maker. He's actually the one who taught me how to paint. Got an artist's hand, he said. I'm glad I met him though otherwise I'll be stuck with the art knowledge my sisters taught me. Which is not "art" at all.

"You're an artist?"

Clint seemed surprise. I forgot tell him I can paint. But what would I gain if I told him? Would he be impressed? "I guess?" I answered. "But I'm just a girl who likes to paint. Not an artist."

"You speak like one," a boy with sandy blonde hair stepped forward. I've seen him earlier. He's one of Clint's friends. He was smiling at me, his eyes sparkling. "I mean...um...I'm Teddy. Prince Teddy of Altene."

He lent me a hand and I accepted it.

"Alex from Land of Trouble and Food," I joked.

He laughed and I saw Ella from my peripheral vision throwing me a knowing look. Oh great. I clapped my hands together and said excitedly, "Now if you'll excuse me."

I went towards the East Wing where the Gallery is located. I can paint, yes. That's where I pour either my emotions or thoughts but I doubt that I'm great at it.

I was nearing the room when I saw him walking my way from the opposite side of the hallway. He didn't see me at first but when he looked up, he obviously did. He gave me a lopsided grin. "Not you again," I groaned.

"Missed me, love?"

Darn.

I glared at him. "How much of a stalker are you, really?"

He raised an eyebrow. "You think you're stalk-worthy?"

I shook my head, annoyed. "No but how do you explain us crossing paths for the second time?"

"I'll be living in this castle for the most part of this summer, how can we not cross paths?" he said, looking at me with knowing glint. He's brilliant. Okay. Whatever. I was about to say something before he cut me off. "Now breathe, cookie. You're stressing yourself at me."

I blinked. "Cookie?"

River smiled playfully. "Let's just say I saw something in your room that gave me the idea, cookie." After that, he walked past me-returning to the throne room and leaving me clueless.

Gosh, he's unbelievable!

-

-

Hello!  Sorry for the delay. Too busy, is all. Anyway- it's summer already in my country. Hurray!!!

So this is dedicated to fantasy_wolf_girl. Thank you for the flood votes!!! I was very happy with it. I literally jumped for joy. You made my day that day. 

So here's Chapter 6! I hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to click that little star button or to comment. That's all! Thank you very much!

Love lots, xx.