Chapter 4- Is It True?

(EDITED)
I smooth Johnnie's  brown hair back from his face as he sleeps. I honestly hated Jonathan. I never wanted to see him again ever. A light tap on the door gets my attention and I look to see Corey  standing there. He walks in and sits on the ground. He looks like he's trying to say something.

"Are you here to call me a liar as well?" I ask him.

"No." He shakes his head. " I just wanted to know if this little guy is yours?" He says softly. I nod my head and Corey sighs.

"I kind of already knew once Jonathan  mentioned that you told him you were. Which in fact was true. Why he doesn't see it I don't know?" Corey  said.

"I'm sure he'll come around eventually." I said.

I move off the couch and stand. "Can you watch him for me?" I ask Corey. He nods and I walk quietly from the room. I bump into someone when I close the door and turn to see Jonathan  standing there.

"Is it true." He says hurt in his eyes. He also looks really sorry. "Is he really my son?"

Jonathan  takes me by my hand and leads me into an empty office room. I struggle with what to say. He sits on the desk and looks at his hands.

"I feel like such an ass." He says. "I treated you so bad and believed the person who has hurt me more times then you ever have." He said.

I walk up to him and take his shaking hands in mine. He looks up at me with sad eyes. "Will you forgive me?" He asks me. I look away from him.

"Are you still with her?" I ask him seriously. He looks at me strangely and then lets go of my hands.

"Yes... why does it matter?" He asked.  I
couldn't believe after everything he just confessed and he is still with her. I step away from him and walk towards the door.

"I need some time to think." I say before walking out. Gosh why did this all have to be so difficult.