You Left Me // Req. For Elizabeth ~ Pt. II

Here we go, Petasgirl1509! Part 2 of You Left Me. Once again, I think I worked my demigod butt off on this one :) I sure hope you like it Peta! Roll story!

At first, there is nothing but darkness. But then Elizabeth hears her father's voice. Soft & smooth, like honey. "Wake up, my daughter... Wake up..." Elizabeth jolts up with a gasp. Her neck pangs. She's in the infirmary. At camp. She's home. But- then she remembers. Nico. All heads in the room turn to her. She recognizes them immediately. Especially the one with the head of curly hair. "Peta!" Leo exclaims, running over to her & wrapping his arms around her, careful not to put pressure on her neck. "Leo," she says as she hugs the Latino back, happy to see him.

      Annabeth, Piper, & Hazel approach Elizabeth with serene smiles on their faces. "Oh we're so glad you're alright," Hazel says, handing her a glass of nectar. Elizabeth takes a gulp. It fills her insides with warmth & makes her feel fresh. "Thanks Haze," she says. She puts the glass down. Suddenly, she breaks down  in tears. Annabeth rushes to grab tissues while Piper leans in to aid Elizabeth, tears streaming down her face, pouring from her now gray eyes. Piper pushes away a lock of brown hair. "It's ok, it's ok, don't worry," Elizabeth felt instantly soothed, thanks to Piper being a child of Aphrodite.

    "Nico," was the first thing that came out from Elizabeth's mouth, in between hoarse breaths & choked sobs. "He left me. He left me out there. Alone. To die." She runs her fingers along her neck where empousa bit her, her flesh swollen from the venom. "We know," Hazel says, and for a minute Elizabeth could sense anger flare in her golden eyes. "It was stupid. Why didn't he know better. Nico-" Hazel sighs, stressed. "I always told him, don't give in to the monsters, don't leave anyone behind, but now look-" Hazel continued, her voice rising. "Hazel, please," Annabeth warns softly. The cinnamon haired girl ignores her. "Look at what came from his ignorance. His stupidity. Elizabeth could've died out there alone if it wasn't for Hermes. Thank the gods he was running an errand for Zeus in the middle of Phoenix. I just don't understand why he would walk away like that. He's stronger than that, he's-" Hazel's voice breaks. "I'm sorry," she says as she runs out of the infirmary, tears welling in her eyes.

    Being a rare child of Thanatos, Elizabeth was prone to grudges. It was her fatal flaw, similar to the children of Hades. And when Elizabeth held a grudge, she didn't let go. In fact, she never let go until a particular son of Hades came waltzing into camp once again, after a year of disappearance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Year Later
She took a swing at the wooden dummy in front of her. The Stygian iron was sharp, making a clean, crisp indent in its wooden shoulder. "That was for leaving me," she said as she scrunched her eyebrows. She swung with skill again, feeling her insides pulse with hatred, energy coursing through her veins. She hit the dummy mid-torso. "That," she said through gritted teeth, "was for me thinking we could be friends," Elizabeth cried out & swung one last time, hitting the dummy square in the heart, & pushing her blade into it with all her strength.

She stepped back a couple feet. She thought of him. How she had trusted him. How she took liking in him. And the way he looked at her before he walked away, leaving her helpless. She channeled all the anger she could. And pushing out of her chest came a black fiery ball of energy, hitting the dummy square in the middle blowing it to ashes. "And that," she said with a pant, "was for me thinking I was in love with you," She grabbed her sword & walked out of the training area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nico's POV

    "Hey, looks like Death Boy's back!"
      "Neeks, wassup!"
      "Nico's back!"
       "Someone get Elizabeth,"
         "She is gonna freak,"
Don't remind me,  I think to myself. I've learned to live with my guilt. It took a whole year. Back then, I wasn't myself. I was ignorant. I gave in. Something Hazel always told me not to do. I was stupid. I see Hazel by the Athena cabin, talking with Annabeth. I haven't seen both of them in a year. I start to walk up to her, only to receive a glare from my half sister. "Get away from me, Nico di Angelo," she spits with hatred. Her voice begins to settle in. And before I know it, I am crying, & running towards my cabin.

     I slam the door & lock it, as I fall on my bed, grabbing my pillow and sobbing into it. I regret everything. I regret leaving her there, alone to die. I was seduced by that damn empousa, her red eyes still haunting me to this day. I was possessed. I thought I knew it was right to leave her. But I was wrong. So wrong. I haven't seen Elizabeth since, & I feel shattered knowing I broke our friendship. Her eyes are locked in my head, hues of blue, gray, & green crying out to me. Screaming at me.

     "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry, Elizabeth..." I whisper these words as I cry. Nico, you bastard. You left her there. You fucking left her. Alone to die. With no one. I punch my pillow, crying as I say her name over & over again, like it will make it ok. But it's not. Nothing is ok. I'm in love with her, & nothing is ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     I walk through the forests of camp, hands in my pockets. I feel like a spirit father has in his realm. Empty, with no sense of direction. I walk wherever my legs take me as my brain shuts off. Thoughts of Elizabeth, of Peta, run through my head. Her body lying there on the steps of the pyramid, her blood forming a pool, her kaleidoscope eyes begging me to stay. To help her. "No, Nico," I hear her voice echo and ring in my ears. I can't take it. I scream. "I'm sorry!" I yell to the sky. I shrink down to the ground, tears escaping. "I'm sorry..." I whisper.

    And then I see her, for the first time in a year. Alive.

To be continued...