Chapter 1: Roxanne

Start from the beginning

"Well, I could just unzip the fabric off the cushion. I have this awesome stain remover," I laughed. I turned around to see my brother, Harry, with a bottle of champagne and three flute glasses. "Well, hello, Harry!"

He hugged me carefully to avoid dropping the champagne and glasses, "Congratulations on your new place, Sis. Where do you want me to put these?"

"Let's head over to the kitchen. I wish you two could've waited. This place would've looked amazing if you guys allowed me to unpack if you gave me a few days."

"We wanted to see if you needed help," Harry replied as he opened the champagne and poured it into the glasses. "I mean, it's the least thing we can do."

"You guys just got back from your honeymoon like four days ago, aren't you tired?"

"Don't worry," Mercedes laughed. "We're energized and willing to give you a hand with anything you need."

Harry nodded in agreement and placed a section of hair behind his ear, "Besides, work doesn't start for us until Monday, so we have more than enough time to help you out."

I touched Harry's shoulder length hair, "Good Lord, Rapunzel, did they not have a barbershop in Italy? You're hair is longer than your wife's!"

Harry ran his fingers through his hair proudly, "My wife loves my hair."

She smirked, "Especially at night when I have something to pull."

I rolled my eyes, "You two need to stop with this lovey dovey sex crap. You had a honeymoon so that you can stop doing it, not keep it going with it."

Harry chuckled, "Sorry, Rox, we'll keep this business like and avoid any love references for you. This is your day and we'll make it about this new beginning for you."

I smiled, "Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. With everything that happened, you guys are really the best."

Mercedes placed her hand over mine, "That's what family is for."

Pushing my sadness away, I shrugged. "Now, let's drink." I raised my glass up. "To new beginnings, new happy moments, and family."

We clinked our glasses and took a sip of our champagne. Mercedes clapped her hands together, "Alright, tell us what to do first. Where do you want everything?"

"You always want to be on top of things, don't you, Baby?" Harry sighed jokingly.

Mercedes winked, "You know I love being on top."

I fake gagged, "Oh god, don't make me throw up in my new place. Please, save the marital post honeymoon sexual talk when you guys are alone in your own place."

"Sorry," Harry laughed. "Alright, let's get started."

"Good, Harry, you can start with moving those boxes that say 'bedroom' to the bedroom. Mercedes and I will work on the kitchen. Oh, be careful with the boxes that say 'fragile'. You know, since those things will be fragile."

Harry rolled his eyes, but picked up the first box that was meant for the bedroom. "Good lord, woman, why are they so heavy?"

"Because I have a lot of stuff. Now, move along." Once Harry left the kitchen, I started to unload the items in the box for the kitchen. Mercedes grabbed her own box and started unloading too, but I knew something was on her mind. I knew Mercedes wanted to talk about something, but I was really hoping that she wouldn't bring up the subject.

But, of course, Mercedes was going to bring it up. "So, how are things with you?"

"I'm fine," I answered her. "Everything is working out perfectly now. I'm happy and that's all that really matters now, right?"