16. For I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

To say Niall's confused would be an understatement. But how is Harry so chill about this?

"Seriously Niall what is stopping you?" Harry repeats and Niall pulls him a very confused look.

"The fact that you're my best friend..." Niall says slowly, because to him Harry seems insane right now. Niall would love nothing more than to kiss him though.

"So? What's stopping you?" Harry tries to tell him again but Niall really isn't convinced.

"You're straight!" Niall points out and Harry laughs quietly.

"So? How do you know?"

"Because you would have told me otherwise?" Niall says becoming unsure or what he's saying.

"Would I?" Harry says again and smiles.

"Harrryyyy stop it!" Niall whines and hides his face in Harry's chest.

"Why? Would I have told you? How do you know I'm straight?" Harry says in a suggesting tone, "in fact who decided that who you want to date or like needed a name, why are you gay? Why am I undecided? Why am I straight? What's so straight about girls and boys being together?" Niall shrugs.

"I don't know, you make a good point, why do I have to be labelled gay? Why are you- wait what?" Niall realises what Harry said and the brunette smiles innocently. Just kinda wanting Niall to kiss him, on the down low.

"What? Anyway... what's stopping you Nialler from actually kissing me?" Harry gets back on track of the conversation, where he wants it to go.

"Harry!" Niall whines again and again. Pushing his head further into the boys chest.

"What?" Harry laughs quietly, not wanting to wake Niall's mum up.

"Stop this! I feel like you're just making fun of me," Niall says and gets seriously sad. Harry strokes over the boys cheek softly. In a more loving way than he's ever done before.

"I'm not, at all, I would never ever make fun of you, ever, sure we take the piss out of each other sometimes but I wouldn't purposely make fun of you, especially not for my own entertainment, that's just rude, but I'm genuinely asking you, what's stopping you from kissing me, you said you wanted to, so why don't you?" Harry asks him, wording his sentence in a way that is so understandable, Niall lays down against him for a minute. Thinking about what he's said.

Harry kisses his forehead again and Niall smiles because it's a cute thing to do in his opinion, it shows you truely like that person- Harry likes him? Niall thinks about what Harry has been saying and is he being stupid? Is Harry hinting he likes him?

But then Harry is poking Niall's forehead and singing in beat with the pokes,
'what's-stop-ping-you?' and it's so so irritating, but also kinda cute.

But it's annoying him and in a quick motion he leans up and captures Harry's lip in his. The brunette stops the annoying poke instantly and gently kisses the blonde back, his arms tighten a little around his 'best friend' as they kiss.

Niall pulls away shortly and Harry whispers breathlessly against his lips, staring at them,

"What's stopping you?" and the blonde whispers back copying Harry's staring, before going back in for another kiss,

"Nothing," he presses his lips gently against Harry's once more and he thinks he enjoys this way too much. But the same goes for Harry, the both of them enjoying it more than anything they've ever done together. Their lips mold together perfectly, and Niall's heart races as Harry keeps kissing him. When Harry said to kiss him he thought he meant a small peck but this is much better.

Not stopping much for breath, but when he does Niall can't even catch his breath, he's overwhelmed with the feeling, he knew he wanted to kiss Harry, but if he had known this was what it felt like, he would have asked himself 'what's stopping you?' years ago.

Harry kisses him a little more, before he slowly stops with a few short pecks. Smiling in between, the both of them can't helps themselves.

"Ah ah," Harry tuts as Niall tries to kiss him one more time, then he gives in and presses one last kiss to his lips.

Niall giggles as soon as they stop and Harry can't stop his smile watching the blonde be happy.

"That wasn't so hard was it?" Harry says shortly after the blondes done giggling, "what was stopping you Nialler?" Niall rolls his eyes in the darkness.

"Nothing," he says in defeat, happiness laced in his tone though.

"And you know what?" Niall looks up at Harry, waiting for him to finish his sentence, Harry moves closer and gently whispers against the boys lips again, "nothing stopped me from falling in love with you either," Niall wants to scream but Harry's lips are pressed to his again and he couldn't be more in love even if he tried. He wants to tell Harry he loves him too, needs to tell Harry.

Once Harry pulls back, Niall smiles widely.

"Really?" he giggles.

"Really," Harry clarifies, with smiles all around.

"Really really?"

"Really really really."

"I love you too," Niall's smile just increases as Harry strokes his hair.

"I love you so much, I never realised just how much," Harry has been everything the boy's wanted for so long and maybe he can now have him?

Niall lies so he is completely on Harry and it feels nice being enclosed in Harry. He loves this now Harry not just likes him, he loves him, and it just adds to how nice this feels.

"Harry?" he speaks up a little later. Hoping the brunette isn't asleep.

Harry hums in response, also enjoying being close to the boy.

"Does this mean you like-like me?" Harry yawns and blinks a few times.

"Noooo," he says in the most sarcastic way, Niall giggles.

"You know what I mean, Haz," Harry chuckles at the boy.

"Yes, I do, I know you what you mean, and, yes, I do like-like you," Harry makes sure the blonde knows, "why care if I like like you, course I do, I love you for gods sake," Harry snaps a little bit, but it's unintentional.

"Sorry, I just wanted confirmation.." Niall says in a small voice.

"Permission to use a cringey nickname?"

"Permission granted."

"I'm sorry I snapped, baby, I didn't mean to," Harry gently strokes up and down the blondes arm from where he's lying, "I just get snappy when I'm tired, it's like half one in the morning."

"I know, sorry I'm keeping you up, and I kinda like baby," Niall admits.

"It's okay, and I shall move 'baby' from the cringey nickname folder to the 'Niallers nicknames' folder," Harry smiles sleepily and yawns afterwards.

"Let's sleep then yeah?" Niall yawns as he says it making Harry laugh.

"Yeah," let's just say they've never fallen asleep so happy in both of their lives.