chapter 4

Bridget POV

I was brought out of the darkness with a kiss from Bentley.  I opened my eyes and there he was.  He was the hottest guy alive.  I smiled...I could get used to waking up like this.  But then a strange feeling occurred.  I was starving.  I was craving something but I dont know what.  I lifted my self up and went into a trans.  The next thing I knew I was drinking something that smelled metallic-y.  It was delicious.  Then I realized the metallic smell was blood.  I wanted to stop drinking it, but I couldnt.  I couldnt stop.  I finished the last drop of blood from the glass and looked at Bentley.  I was terrified.  Not of Bentley or anyone else in the room.  I was terrified of myself.  I've become a monster!  A vampire.  I dont want to be a vampire. I just want to be me and live my life with my family. I want to be normal!

"What have you done to me?" I asked in a terrified voice, with tears about to escape my eyes. Bentley was looking at me happily, but also giving me a sympathetic look at the same time. 

"You, my darling, are one of us now."  He said in a sexy voice.  It sounded like something they'd say in a horror film.  I'm 'one of them now'.  i'm one of them against my will. Tears started to roll down my face.  Bentley leaned towards me and reached out to caress my face.  I moved back before he could touch me.  Bentley's eyes softened in sadness.  "Dont be scared, Bridget."

"Dont be scared?!?!  Wouldnt you be scared if everything you loved was taken away from you and you had to become a monster in less than a day?!  How could you do this to me?  I dont want this life!  I want the life I had yesterday! I want my family back!  I want to be human! Don't you understand?!"  I cried.

Everyone in the room had their eyes on me.  They were shocked. Bentley was full of sorrow.  I could tell from his eyes he was hurt by my words.  I admit, I felt a little guilty, but he deserved it.  You cant just take someone away from their perfectly happy life.  It's just wrong.   Bentley reached out for me again and this time,, before I could back away, he pulled me into a hug.  I nuzzled my head into his chest and just cried.  I didnt resist the hug because I knew there was no way of escaping my new life.  Bentley gently stroked my hair and whispered calming words.  Everyone in the room still remained silent.  Why?  They mustve been entertained by this whole dramatic scene.  It must've left them speechless.  After a while, my crying calmed down and I was out of tears.  My eyes were probably red and swollen by now.  I pulled away from Bentley keeping my gaze down to the floor.  I didnt want to look at him.  I didnt want to touch him.  I didnt want to be married to him.  I just wanted to go home and be with my family.  Bentley placed his hand on top of mine.

"I'm sorry Bridget.  I'm sorry for everything I've put you through today, but please understand that this is your life now.  You were destined to be a vampire.  You were destined to be my wife. And most of all, you were destined to be a princess.  Please believe me when I say I love you.  Because I do.  I've loved you since I first saw you in the woods behind your house, when you were 4.  We're soul mates and we're married for eternity.  Nothing can ever change that.  Please accept your new life into your heart.  You'll learn to love it."

"How can I love a life without my family by my side?"  I said in a half whisper.

"Your family may not be by your side, but they'll always be with you in your heart.  And you have a family here...Me, my mother, and my father.  We can create our own family too.  We could have mini Bridgets and mini Bentley's running around.  I promise I'll make you the happiest girl in all the realms.  Just love me back."  He pleaded.

"I dont know if I could ever love you."

He looked down with hurt and anger in his eyes.  "You will love me.  It'll take some time, but you WILL love me."