Sophia tried to hide her anger towards Enrique when they faced again. His eyes were like a hawk's, shamelessly assessing her figure, from her face, boobs, hips, and legs, then back to her boobs again!

He is really an uncivilized sex-starved maniac, staring at me openly as if undressing me in his mind! I hate this swine. I could not imagine myself marrying him.

"I already said my piece. There's nothing to discuss anymore, Mr. Monteiro." Sophia said disgustingly as she faced Enrique squarely with a hand on her hip and one eyebrow lifted.

He walked towards her, his powerful, well-muscled body moving with easy grace. Then he came close, looking down at her intensely. "But I haven't said mine."

She took an abrupt step backward, avoiding any physical contact. A swift shadow of anger swept across her face. "Then say your piece, and then get out."

"Whoa...calm down. I came here to fetch you. As your fiancé, it is my duty to take care of you."

"HA! You are the one who is deaf, Mr. Monteiro. I told you, I won't marry you. I'm not your fiancée, period." Sophia answered furiously, hating him more for being so sarcastic. "Anyway, how did you find me?"

"You underestimate me, sweetheart. I have many connections."

"You mean private investigators. You are just like my father—very controlling, manipulative, and arrogant."

"NAH-ah... Don't compare me to your father, sweetheart. When you get to know me better, you will see, I'm a very charming, understanding, and generous guy." His voice, deep and sensual, sent a ripple of awareness throughout her body.

"I'm not going home. They can't force me to marry you." She said firmly.

"Oh, it hurts." Enrique said mockingly holding his heart as if in severe pain. Then he answered with staid calmness. "Believe me, sweetheart, I don't want to marry you, too. You are the opposite of what I want in a woman."

Strike one! Sophia's face reddened as if a bomb exploded in front of her.

In other words, I'm not his type.

She felt insulted by his statement. She crossed her arms together and swallowed a lump in her throat. "Then the feeling is mutual. There's no need to pursue this arranged marriage. We would end up stabbing each other's backs."

"Yes, you could be right. But, unlike you, I'm a very rational person, and I value my family so much. I understand how important this arranged marriage is to my father and to yours. Their solid friendship made them who they are right now. Together, through sweat and blood, they worked hard, fought hard, in order to succeed in their lives, businesses, and family relationships. I am not that selfish to defy their wish to unite both families' fortune. I have a high regard for their friendship, sweetheart."

Strike two! Sophia became more furious now. What does he mean by that statement? This man has really gotten under my nerves.

"What are you implying, Mr. Monteiro, that I'm irrational and selfish?" She glared at him with burning, reproachful eyes.

"Think about what you want, sweetheart." He said in a harsh, raw voice.

"Don't ever call me that." She snapped angrily.

He smirked at her. "What? Sweetheart?" He chuckled nastily and came closer, looking down at her intensely. "I will call you whatever I want, Sophia— sweetheart, honey, baby, darling, or whatever I want, because sooner or later, we will be sharing a bed, honey, in marriage or not."

"What? You bastard!" She raised her hand to slap him, but he was so quick. He caught her wrist and gripped it tightly in his strong hand. Then he pulled her roughly, and almost violently, to him. She gasped with the contact. She couldn't help but feel the electricity of his touch.

Dipping his head slightly, he said. "Tsk... tsk... Don't ever do that, honey, 'cause I'm a difficult man to cross. You won't like the consequence for sure." His breathing was fanning her cheek, and his lips were just an inch away from her neck.

Sophia arched her body and forcefully pushed him away. "Let me go!"

He let her go instantly and said in a deep tone. "Think about what I said, Sophia. Don't let your father be disappointed in you. I'll be leaving for the States on the next day. I don't know when I'll be able to come back here in Brazil. I'm a very busy person, and most of my business deals are in the States."

He extracted a calling card from his wallet and handed it to her. "Give me a call tomorrow, and let me know of your decision."

Sophia looked at him suspiciously but still took the card. "My decision is still the same. I won't marry you." She heaved a sigh and said. "They are being so selfish. I believe that marriage is based on love, trust, and respect, not a joint venture to protect the family assets."

Enrique's eyebrows rose in amazement. "So, you believe in fairy tales, the happily ever after."

"Of course, don't you?"

He grinned and shook his head. "Sorry, I don't. I've never been in love before."

"Why, don't you have a girlfriend now?" Sophia asked.

Enrique was amused by her and shrugged his shoulders. "No, we broke up last night."

"Last night? You must be broken-hearted." Sophia looked so surprised.

"Of course not, our relationship was merely physical, no emotions involved or whatsoever."

Meaning S-E-X! Sophia gasped. The write-ups in the newspapers about him were true. He was a playboy with a series of mistresses used for one-night stands. Ugh!

"What about you, Sophia? Do you have a boyfriend right now?" Enrique asked her curiously.

Sophia's eyes suddenly mirrored her sadness. Her lips trembled as tears pooled in her eyes. Then she told him the truth. "I just broke up with him a few weeks ago. I'm still trying to move on."

Enrique was taken aback by her answer. "So you are the one mending a broken heart." He spoke with light bitterness.

Sophia fell silent and just nodded.