Letter

22nd March'12

Dearest Lyra,

I hope this letter has reached you in time, before the police has figured out everything. If not, then that's my punishment.

Remember the time back in 4th grade when we became friends, I was so scared to be your friend because for me it was a big step; I've never had friends before. And since then I can't even recall what not you have given me, you have given me everything; everything a caged bird can have besides absolute freedom. You taught me a new way to look at life, a new way to perceive it. Lyra, I know how much disappointed you'd be after you have finished reading this. All that you have always taught me, I've flunked in each one of them. All that you didn't want me to become, I've become that. I am and was always a loser Lyra, yet I don't know why you ever gave me the hope. Mom was right; I should never have been your friend let alone best friend. See now what I've done; I've ruined your life as well as mine and my family. My family was right all along, I'm a total disgrace to the mighty McQueen family. I don't even know why I'm writing to you perhaps because you are the only person I'll find solace at this hour of the night. I'm trying very hard not to smear the letter with blood; yes my hands are blood covered. Oh Lyra, you don't know what I've done, I am a murderer Lyra, I killed my father and now I'm going to kill myself after I've finished writing to you. This all so wrong I know but like I said I'm a total loser, a monster; I was so angry at my father for making my life a hell that I lost sanity, anger and hatred consumed me. I don't want to make my family or yours suffer more because of my wretched soul Lyra, believe me I don't. But Lyra I'm so sorry, if you can then please forgive me, forgive my father and my family.

One last wish of mine, promise me Lyra that you'll never forget me and most importantly you'll use your wonderful writing skills to tell this story of mine to more and more families, stop more Elliot's from committing the same mistake again.

You are a friend worth having Lyra, I'm so grateful to god to have given me you. I'm forever in your debt.

Your friend forever

Elliot