Chapter 7- The Six

"This boat was not meant for five people," Elliot says as he and Rachel struggle to row it back to the ship.

"Dude." Alec stares up at the ship. "You guys have a nice ride."

"You into engines?" Elliot asks.

"Sure am."

"Wait till I show you the one on this baby. The boiler room is out of this world, too."

"Dude."

Rachel turns to Arla and smiles. "And the friendship only blossomed from there."

The blonde girl still hasn't said a word. She sits silently in the back of the boat, staring into the water.

Jacob is leaning over the railing of the ship. He hoists the rowboat up after they all climb up the ladder.

"Whoa," he says. "You found two."

"Yep," Rachel says proudly. "This is Alec. He's a telekinetic. And this is..."

Everyone turns and looks at the girl. She's staring at Jacob. "My name is Olivia," she says softly.

"Hello, Olivia," Jacob says.

"She's a healer," Rachel adds.

"Well." Jacob sits down in the captain's chair again. "I guess we just have to wait for another message from Camp."

"I'm going to go show Alec the engine room," Elliot says. They disappear belowdecks.

"So, Olivia," Rachel says. "Where are you from?"

"I live with my aunt and uncle," she says.

"Will they be looking for you?" Jacob asks with concern.

She looks away. "Yes."

Jacob nods at Arla. "Next time you receive a message, can you tell them to send someone from Camp to cover that?"

Arla nods.

"Well," Jacob says, clapping his hands together. "Seems as if we have some downtime. I found a deck of cards while you all were gone- anyone know how to play hearts?"

•••

Arla.

Arla smiles. "Hello."

You've done well.

"Thank you. We need you guys to fix a little problem, though- the healer we found ran away from home. Her aunt and uncle will be looking for her."

The woman in white waves her hand. Consider it handled.

"Do you have our next assignment for me?"

The spirit smiles. Eager, aren't you? Yes. I do. And I want you to know, Arla- your team trusts you.

Arla swallows. "That- means a lot."

•••

~"They have him now."

~"Who?"