"Why?!" (Dean Winchester)

“Why?!”

Not many twenty one year old rockers usually help the world other than creating music, but I’m not your average rocker chick. The name is Bethann Taylor. Yeah I got the kickass black and red hair (black in back, red in front), eyeliner, the ripped jeans, band t’s, and the Converse with the purple laces. Oh and I almost forgot…I help the Winchesters, Sam and Dean, fight the evil supernatural beings around the U.S.

When I first started working with the brothers that’s all they were to be. Really no emotions of lust or any kind were there until one day. The one day that has cursed me ever since. I swear I don’t know how the hell it happened. One day I was just filling up Dean’s car with some gas while he went to go inside the station and pay for it. Then when he came out and walked past me and smiled I was done for. The term “head over heels” definitely covers it. Yeah I know it’s cliché and all but it happened and now I’m stuck. Ugh.

~

For weeks the guys and I had been tracking this wendigo. The son of a bitch was quite smart and would book it whenever we would get too close. As of yesterday though more than one person had gone missing from this dinky little town and we hit the hot spot.

It was late and we were in the woods. Sam was to my right about thirty yards and Dean was to my left about forty. I looked at both of them and cocked my shot gun and made sure my switch blade was in my back pocket. We all gave each other the signal to go forward. The wendigo was in a cave about hundred yards and it was going to die one way or another.

The only sound audile was the occasional croak from a toad. I was nervous but who wouldn’t be? Wendigos were bad mother fuckers and I would be stupid to not be even a little scared.

Dean reached the cave first and then Sam and I went in. So far everything was quiet except for the little drips of water in the distance. The three of us marched forward and held our weapons at the ready. I saw something move quick in the shadows towards Dean and I shoved him to the side.

“No!” I yelled and hit the wall. The wendigo was blood thirsty and we looked right to eat.

“Sam shoot!” Dean raged and before you could blink or scream shots were being fired like a firecracker during Chinese New Year.

The wendigo back tracked for a second and jumped up onto some ledge. It was circling around us I could tell. With not so steady arms I pushed myself back up and grabbed my shot gun. The three of us circled while looking up and couldn’t see it. Just as Sam was about to shine a light the beast came down and knocked Sam right out. I could hear Dean yell for Sam but he didn’t respond.

I fired off a blast but it missed the monster by an inch. It didn’t take too kindly to it and turned around and reared its nasty head at me and roared. Serious halitosis. I fired off another shot but it dodged it and ran right after me. I couldn’t react fast enough and again I was on the ground with its jaws trying to snap at my neck.

“Hey!” Dean bellowed and shot the wendigo right in the shoulder. It howled and backed off coming after him instead. It came at a fast pace and knocked Dean down. I was scared and somehow pulled it off of him. Stupidly enough I didn’t watch out for its claws and it got my stomach. It was just a graze really but it hurt like a bitch.

I was scrambling on the grown to get back to my gun but it pulled me back and slammed my head with it’s fist. I thought I was going to black out until I felt my switch blade in my pocket. I whipped it out and stuck it right in the wendigo’s neck. It gave a loud screeching sound and plopped right on the floor.

“Serves you right,” I coughed and laughed.

“Ahhuuggg…what happened?” Sam asked and I looked up a little to see him rubbing his head and Dean helping him up.