Chapter 21: Heart-to-heart

Start from the beginning

  'Get ready for school.'

  The spiky salmon haired teenager sighed as he stood up and approached the bed where his unconscious twin lies.

  "I'm about to do something stupid, Cole. I know how much you value your grades and friends. If it wasn't for our conversation that other night, i wouldn't be doing this." His mind wandered off to a flashback of the scene he mentioned. It was the night of when he arrived here Japan. He and his brother had a small heart-to-heart conversation.

~☆~

Flashback

  "I'm so glad to have you here with me, Natsu." Cole smirked before slapping his twin on the back, earning an annoyed groan from the latter.

  "Whatever. I got tired of you begging me to come visit you here. Your annoying, you know that?" The onxy eyed teen snorted, punching his brother's arm with slight force.

  "I know. Thanks for finally taking up my offer. How long will you stay here, by the way?"

  "Aunt Porlyusica said i can stay here for a year or two. Even longer if i want. You know her, Cole. She's not that fond of us."

  "Don't say that. She's hasn't kicked us out the house. That means she still cares.."

  "Yeah. She hasn't. Though, she did send us off to the other side of the world." Cole laughed at his brother's humor. He reached further in his pocket before fishing out a key and unlocked the door of his apartment.

  "Hey, Cole? Tell me. Why do you want to stay here so badly?" The sudden seriousness on Natsu's question halted his twin's steps. He raised an eyebrow at him with a questioning gaze.

  "Huh?"

  "Auntie only gave you 3 months to stay here before. She even allowed you to study here so you won't be left out. So, why didn't you return after the deadline you were given? Instead, you wanted to stay permanently. Why?"

  "What are you going on about, Natsu?"

  "What's keeping you from returning back to America? Your health isn't stable. Your heart still isn't strong enough. Your disease can attack at any time. You have no one here with you."

  "Natsu.."

  "You can die here, Cole. I'm just worried that you will." The weak-hearted teen's expression softened seeing his brother worry about his well being. He knew he's right. The possibilities of him dying here is grave and high. But he isn't afraid. Infact, he's willing to take that risks if it means he can stay here.

  "Listen. I know your worried. I appreciate that. Really. But you shouldn't. I maybe safer in America but i'm far more happier here in Japan. Even more since your here. There's just things i get to do here that i can't back there."

  "What-"

  "For instance. I'm part of the team at my school. You know how much i love sports, right? I always get jealous when i watch people do them on TV. I wanted to try it out. But Auntie would never let me. Here, i get to without worrying about Auntie going berserk. Another thing, i have friends that don't pity me. We hang out and do things i was never allowed to before. For the first time in my life, i feel free."

  "Cole.."

  "The bottom line here is, none of my friends nor anyone at school knows about my illness. That's why they treat me normally. That i get to live like a normal teenager. That's my long time dream.." the cherry blossom haired teen watched in new found admiration. He didn't knew any of this. He didn't knew Cole was longing a normal life. He didn't knew. That alone made him guilty. All this time, he was running around America living his life to the fullest while his brother was left in the dark, forced to stay and be left behind.

  "I'm sorry.." Natsu scratched the back of his head, suddenly feeling ashamed.

  "Don't mention it. Though i want you to promise me something.."

  "Sure. Anything.."

  "Promise me you won't tell Auntie anything. Promise me you won't tell anyone about my illness. And most of all, promise me that you will help me convince Auntie to allow me stay here in Japan for good." The twin in question was shocked by his sibling's terms but said nothing. He wanted to help him. And if this will make him happy, then he will be more than glad to comply.

  "I promise."

End of Flashback

~☆~

  "Once Auntie hears about this accident, she will surely book the soonest ticket and have you fly back to America. That would be going against my promise. As much as i want to go back down on my word, i can't now."

  Natsu sighed as he run a hand through his pink locks. He picked up his car keys before making his way to the door. Halfway out the hospital room, he spared his brother one last glance.

  "I know i'm gonna regret this in the future. But i'll be in deeper regret if i don't. I promise you, brother. I'll help you. Just concentrate on healing and let me do the rest." And with that, he gently closed the door. He ventured down the hospital and hopped in his car.

  'Where to? Cole's Apartment then Adamson Academy.'

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey!

Sorry for the long wait! I asked my bestfriend another favor which i'll return by updating my stories!

Let's be serious for a moment..

To those who reads my Author's Note, thank you so much! Meanwhile, to those who don't, i suggest you start reading..

Reading the comments here in BN, i'm actually frustrated to say the least. Many had been pointing out that i mispelled Lucy's surname. That it should be Heartfilia instead of Hatofiria. Well, FYI i purposely made it that way.

  Hatofiria is the Japanese term for Heartfilia. Since Lucy in this story has Japanese Blood, i decided to use the japanese term while Heartfilia is the cover up or the surname she uses in her disguise. I've explained this in Chapter 2 but i still receive comments regarding the issue. Seriously?

I'm sorry for ranting. I just need to let this out.. I'm not mad nor am i angry. Just frustrated...

Anyways, i hope you enjoyed.

Please follow me, read, comment and vote..

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14