Chapter 15: Weirdo

Lucy's POV

      "Hey, Luce!"

      I can't help but gulp in both nervousness and anticipation. Three days had passed since the party but until now, Cole's familiar grin kept on invading my thoughts and mind. I can't stop thinking of the 'what if's' and possibilities.

       What if he's related to Natsu? What if he knows him? What if he has something to do with him? Worse, what if he is HIM?!

       "...cy Lucy? LUCY!"

      I was bring back to reality when the guy constantly invading my thoughts shouted my name infront of me.

       "Wha-"

       "I've been calling you for sometime now but it seems that you didn't notice." A blush crept up on my face as i looked away from him in pure embarrassment.

       "Sorry.." i mumbled but loud enough for him to hear. I guess he got the message because he flicked my forehead in response.

      "No worries. But i have to say, your such a weirdo."

Weirdo?

☆★☆

Flashback

      "Owwww! That hurts!" An eight year old me whined while trying my best not spill the tears forming on the corner of my eyes.

       "Suck it up. It's your own fault anyways. I mean, who would trip on their own feet?" I just scowled in response and huffed in annoyance. Natsu instead laughed at me before applying band aid on my not-so-deep wound located at my knee. He grinned proudly before helping me to my feet.

      "There! Good as knew!" He gave me one of his toothy grins before ruffling my hair which made me groan and glare.

      "Hey! Stop it! Your messing my hair, Idiot!" I waved his hands off which i successfully did. Instead of being offended, the 9 year old pink haired guy infront of me just laugh at my little remark.

      "Whatever you say, Weirdo. Atleast i'm not the clumsy one between us."

      "I'm not clumsy! it was just an accident!"

      "Doesn't matter. You still tripped!"

      We ended up chasing each other all through out the day after that little scene.

★☆★

      The memory of Natsu calling me 'Weirdo' and Cole doing the same lingered on my mind until Lunch time that same day. I can't get over the fact that they seem so a like, Physically and mentally.

      Wait.. is it even possible for two different people to be that identical? I thought that was unlikely impossible.

      "Lucy, are you alright?" I spared the owner of the voice a glance and saw the worry on her eyes.

      "I'm fine, Ara. Just a bit off." I smiled in support for my response but that didn't lessen her suspicions. She narrowed her eyes at me which made me look away in guilt.

     It was the middle of a school day, in other words, Lunch. Me, Miyuki, Ara and Cindy where seated at our usual table while chatting some random topics and gossips. And for some odd reasons, the attention was again on me.

      "What's really going on, Lucy? Tell us.."

      I glanced at them and saw their worried filled faces which made me look away in guilt. I never intend to worry other people just because of my petty love problems, if you consider this 'Love' anyway.

      "Don't worry about it. I can handle it on my own.." i replied while mastering a fake smile which i knew for a fact that they didn't bought it. They knew me too well.

      They all frowned and raised an eyebrow at me. As i suspected, they didn't believe me for a second.

      "Just let it go.. Just this time, let it slip.." i groaned while resting my head on my right palm.

      "Fine. We will let this go. Just make sure you solve that problem of yours." I smiled at Ara, completely grateful at her response.

       "Thank you for understanding.. "

       I shifted my attention back to the huge cafeteria in attempt to find the cause of my problems; Cole Dragneel. And indeed i found him sitting with my brother and their group of friends. They were seated at their usual spot and table.

      I took the opportunity to once again study his features, looking for the resemblance of my Childhood friend which wasn't too hard to seek. Strong jawline, deep onxy eyes, sharp pointed nose, perfectly tanned skin, even the spiky and gravity defying style of his hair was so him.

       Their features are so alike that it scares me. Not that i'm afraid that he's related to him, it's the fact that i might fall inlove with him just because he reminds me of Natsu. That i might love him just because he looks and acts like my first love..

      I broke out of my trance as i saw the subject of my thoughts laugh and fist bump my brother. They seem really close. I assume they're best friends. Like they know each other well which makes me kinda jealous because for once, i wanted to have a best friend.

      Wait...

      Why don't i investigate?

      Investigate Cole and get the bottom of this. So, i can know what's his relation with Natsu. That way, i can truly be at peace once i learn the truth.

      As corny as it sounds, The truth will surely set you free...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Short Chapter, i know...

  Gomen ne! I'm really having trouble with this story so please, bear with me for a while...

Please follow me, read, comment and vote..

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14