Nesting

The trip is hard on Sam's body; mortals aren't built for teleporting through time and space. He bends at the waist until his knees buckle and he falls to a crouch, bracing himself on the damp asphalt.

"He's in there, boss," Billie murmurs to you, watching Sam out of the corner of her eye.

"He's off-limits, remember?" you hiss at her. Billie reigns herself in with a heavy sigh. She's never let go of the grudge she had with them. Reapers are loyal to their work and don't take well to interferences. Steady on your feet, you scan the dark alley as muted music thumps in the background. "They both are."

You don't need your eyes. You're searching for Dean's essence but it's hard to pick out amid all the commotion and the icy cold entities you know are inside. "How many?"

"Last count was just over a hundred and twenty," she informs you.

This is bad. Up on the roof of the building, reapers stand waiting. There are two on fire escapes, three more in the street. They all sense it - but it's wrong. It's not the right time for any of those people inside the club. The Reapers know this as well as you do - but they don't trust the Winchesters. Haven't for years.

I suppose you've figured out by now there's a nest in that nightclub.

You barely acknowledge Crowley's appearance as you step toward Sam and offer your hand. His stomach finally settled enough to stand, he says, "What's going on? Where's Dean?"

Crowley nods at the building beside you with the dark walls and steel doors pumping with rave music. "He's in there."

Sam looks from Crowley to you, confused. "What the hell do you care, Crowley? Why are you here?" 

"It's bad for business, what he's about to do."

"Souls," Sam scoffs. 

Crowley shrugs. "I play fair."

You're still trying to pick out Dean among the crowd stuffed into that club, moving and shuffling, and there's so much noise it begins to irritate you.

"Wait!" Sam calls after you as you break into a swift stride toward the side entrance. He catches up to you easily.

Meet you inside, Crowley says just before he disappears.

"[Y/N], talk to me," Sam insists. "What's going on?"

With your hand on the locked door, you turn to him. "Dean's infiltrating a nest."

"Vamp? A vampire nest?"

You nod.

"Shit. Did you see the car? I need..."

"Sam," you say. "These aren't those kind of vampires. This group has been docile for two decades. They don't kill for blood. Anymore."

Sam looks at you for a moment, then wipes his hand over his mouth and down his chin. "They're... you mean..."

"Like that group you ran into a long time ago. The girl you saved from the hotheaded hunter."

His head jerks back just the slightest bit. "How do you know about that?" 

Your steadfast gaze is enough.

He nods. "But... But Dean..."

"Dean's looking for trouble, and if we don't stop him, a lot of innocent people are going to die. Just because these vampires don't kill for blood doesn't mean they won't defend their nest."

Sam's nostrils flare. "You know where he is?"

"Not exactly. It's hard to pick him out, but he's in there."