20

Carlisle

We stood in the hallway as we heard cars enter the drive. Bella was tucked between me and jasper and was rubbing her thumb across my hand to calm me. I smiled at her and turned as Edward opened the door to reveal the volturi kings. Aro is as usual over exuberant. "Edward. My young friend. So good to see you again. " Edward smiled genuinely and nodded. "good to see you too Aro. " He called Leah over who wrinkled her nose lightly but smiled slightly nonetheless. "this is my mate Leah. " he introduced to the volturi who looked at her with curiosity wrinkling their noses too. "aah your fierce she wolf. A pleasure to meet you. I have met some of your kind before. But they turned to lions rather than wolves. " Caius mentioned and I was stunned to see him so amicable to a wolf. Leahs eyes widened and she asked. "more of our kind? " Caius smiled a genuine smile, a first For him and said, " yes in south America. " Leah looked curious and excited to know more so Caius promised to talk to her pack later. She nodded. They turned to us. "Carlisle old friend. " Aro exclaimed and clasped my hand. He drew back frowning before grinning mischievously. "good way of making yourself known, little Isabella" who grinned blushing slightly. That's when I realised Bella had blocked my mind from Aro. I smiled at her and she winked at me. Aro kissed her hand and said. "it's truly a pleasure meeting you again, piccolo angelo (little angel)" Bella smiled and nodded. "good to see you too. " Caius nodded at us and smiled at Bella. They were introduced to everyone as was the guard and we all saw the respect and fear in their eyes when they met jasper. Yes everyone had heard of the God of war. I noticed bella's eyes searching for someone and asked her the same. Aro smiled and gestured towards the door just as a tall man of 6'5" entered. His long black hair shined and his strong features and jaw line urged me to run my hand across it. Marcus stood tall in his suit and volturi cape. I never realised before how staring and formidable he looked which just made him plain sexy. At any other moment in the past such thoughts would have left me mortified but now I knew that I would feel like this for no man except Marcus. Not even jasper who would share my mate and lover with me. Only Marcus. Bella's eyes lit up and she smiled wide. She looked at me and jasper and when we both smiled nodding, she dashed to Marcus who picked her up in his arms like a baby. She wound her legs around his waist and hugged him. "I missed you. " she murmured. He hugged her nuzzling her neck and murmured sweet nothings in her ear. Just hearing his deep voice did things to me and my desire shot up. Jasper caught my eye and winked. I smiled. He felt the same. Marcus moved to us nodding at people on the way and holding Bella who had no problem with their position and reached my side. He stroked my face with one hand. "my Carlisle. My gentle doctor " he murmured and I leaned into his touch. He gave Bella to me as he touched jasper's face. " my warrior. " jasper responded similar to how I had and Marcus smiled. Aro discreetly ventured everyone out as Edward directed they go to the cottage and return tomorrow. That left us alone in the house for the entire day and night. and who knew how that would end up for us.