Chapter 23 (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Hmm Brad Simpson. He was Enjolras in the musical but I didn't talk to him very much. He was insanely talented and very nice though. And British. He was in a band with James McVey, Connor Ball, and Tristan Evans but I only knew that because Shawn would hang out sometimes and sing together with them. I just never paid attention to it. I got up to look for him but he was already on his way over to me.

"Hey, Eponine," he softly spoke in his surprisingly cute British accent.

"Hey, what's up, Enjolras?" I joked back, chuckling.

"So, we're partners," he pointed.

"Yep," I nodded kind of awkwardly.

"Well, I'll give you my number and we can work on the song sometime later," he explained.

"Sure, that sounds great." He put his number in my phone and texted himself so he got mine as well. We then parted and went back to our seats for the rest of class.

"Hey, so who did you get again?" Camila sat back down next to me.

"Bradley Simpson," I pointed him out to her.

"Oh Enjolras," she recognized.

"Yeah. You're lucky you got Shawn," I said, noting that she got one of our best friends and a great songwriter.

"Yeah, pretty lucky," she smiled.

It was after school and we were of course yet again at rehearsal. The rehearsals were great and I was having tons of fun. I'm so glad I did this instead of staying in dance. The only thing that annoyed me was that I had to act like I liked Austin Mahone. Not that I didn't like Eponine as a whole but I just didn't like that I had to pretend to be in love with that asshole. Neither did Camila. After we would come off stage, Camila and I always made gagging sounds because we had to sing with him. And worst of all, Camila had to kiss him. It was disgusting.

That scene was actually coming up. Well, after "ABC Café / Red & Black" and "Do You Hear the People Sing?" Those were the numbers Enjolras, the Friends of the ABC, and ensemble sang. Since I wasn't in that scene, I was usually backstage with Camila not really listening or watching it much until now. I decided to watch it today because I wanted to see Brad perform. I listened and watched him in "One Day More" but only because I was in that scene with him. Not this one. He sang great on the songs already but observing him was different. He made it look so easy and hit every note perfectly and effortlessly. The role really suited him.

Now that that was over, it was time for "In My Life." Great. Camz was amazing on the number but when Austin came in, I wanted to rip his head off. And I had to watch the whole thing on stage because my character was supposed to.

Austin:

Eponine

You're the friend who has brought me here

Thanks to you I am at one with the gods

And Heaven is near!

And I soar through a world that is new that is free

Lauren:

Every word that he says is a dagger in me!

In my life

There's been no one like him anywhere

Anywhere, where he is

If he asked

I'd be his

Not.

Both:

In my life