She reached up to her forehead and felt a painful bump there, but she wouldn't dare to look at it. But she feel the dried blood. She sat up and looked around her bedroom, it was getting dark in the Porpra and she knew she had to make her escape at night if she didn't want to be seen. If she were caught, they would take her to the king where she would get both herself and Cade in trouble.

Violet got off her bed, straightening out her purple school uniform. She wasn't really sure what to take with her, and wanting to make her escape as soon as possible, she decided it was best if she didn't take anything.

Her feet walked the ugly streets of her poor town, trying to stay in the shadows. Everything was so old, nothing compared to the pictures she had seen of Crown City. The buildings were run down and the painting on the walls was chipped and faded. She wondered how the king could ever allow these sort of living conditions to exist in his empire. But he was selfish, and didn't care for anyone else's needs but his own.

By this time, the streets were already empty. The only things visible were pieces of trash being pushed around by the wind. Added to the control the king had over the country was a mandatory curfew. Everyone was to be back in their houses by the time the sun set and anyone spotted outside would be punished.

After walking for a while, she didn't know where she was going, but she decided to stop for the night when her violet eyes saw the old steel maker's warehouse in the outskirts of town, where no one ever set foot. She felt like her legs were about to give out on her and she collapsed on the ground as soon as she shut the heavy metal door behind her.

As she laid on the cold hard ground, she thought about her family.

In the beginning, Vesperia wasn't an official country. There still existed separate nations and it was said that everyone lived peacefully. It was until a young man, the first King of Vesperia came along, claiming that Vesperia was destined to be united under his reign through divine power and the separate countries became a single kingdom.

Vesperia was divided into five provinces; named according to their natural resources, except for the Crown City. The king soon established a class system, placing himself and all other blondes at the top. From then, people were moved around the country to be housed in a province based on their hair color. The king had cleverly made it so than no one could ever improve their social status or wealth. The only way was to marry into wealth, but that never happened in Vesperia. If one was born poor, they'd stay poor until they died.

Letting a sigh escape her lips, she laid there in silence for what felt like hours until she finally took the time to notice her surroundings. There was old factory equipment unused and rusted, a large machine with a conveyor belt attached, but what really caught her eye was a smaller and odd looking machine in the back.

She slowly lifted herself off the ground and made her way toward it with curiosity. There was an old sign on top of it that had the number '3000' on it. The machine was composed of a black platform that had the build of a circular stage. It had rails on the sides and a small flight of stairs to get onto the platform. To the left of the platform, there was a control panel but hundreds of buttons and Violet started to play around with some of the switches.

The machine lights started to flash in different colors and the panel showed the numbers '07. 07. 2013'. She didn't know what was happening or what the numbers meant, and she climbed up to the machine's platform to see if she could find out what would happen.

Suddenly, a black hole opened up from beneath the platform and she fell in. Her eyes closed tightly, thinking this was the end when she landed with a light thud, about fifteen seconds later, on what felt like warm mush.