[ 10 ]

[ 10 ]

Cade walked out of the bedroom after a good half hour, adjusting his pants, and leaving what appeared to be the corpse of Violet Raine sprawled on the bed. The soldiers that had bunched up at the door made way for him, all of them grinning with excitement at his showing of power over a simple violet girl. Some of them patted him on the back to congratulate him, others cheered with sickening comments about the girl who was now presumed to be dead. Cade looked around, searching for his colleague. His second in command. But he was nowhere to be found. 

Cade felt his heart sink in his chest, as he knew what it probably meant. He had promise to spare and save Ruby. But at the moment, she was no doubt being defiled in one of the military cars by his colleague Paisely.

Still, he asked the other soldiers. "Where is Paisely?"

One of the other soldiers gestured to the last military truck parked on the muddy empty streets. Everyone was too scared to come out of their houses. But Cade could feel the burn of their eyes on him as they watched him through their windows. All curious eyes watching three a legion of soldiers going into the house, and taking three people prisoner. They had all no doubt heard the deafening gun shot that rang through the house. 

The general walked over with quick steps and as he approached the car, he could hear crying. The car moved slightly under their weight and the crying was soon joined by grunts and groans, then threats of violence if she didn't do as she was told. Cade stood outside the car, torn between his duties tot he king and the kingdom, and his loyalty to Violet. He sucked in a breath and knocked on the window. "Kree," Kree Paisely. He called him by his first name, hoping to appeal to him as a friend rather than his first in command. "Its getting late and these parts of town aren't safe for us right now. We should probably get going."

His friend shouted back. "Just give me a few more minutes. Gather the troops first."

Cade heaved a sigh and walked off. He wanted to help Ruby Raine, but this was a small sacrifice to make if she wanted to continue living. He walked off to where the rest of the legion was waiting, and he gave them instructions to get into their cars and wait for his and Paisely's order to leave. They all nodded and scattered off to their respective vehicles. Cade waited outside for Paisely, since they had arrived together. 

When Paisely finally opened the door for his friend to come in, the stench of sex filled the air and Cade had to roll down the windows for a breath of fresh air. Inside the car, Paisely was adjusting his military uniform pants. Ruby Raine was in her school uniform. The straps were torn and the bottom end had been pushed up to make way for the Lieutenant in between her legs. Her eyes were red and puffy, almost matching her crimson irises, from all her crying. Her hair was a mess and she held the top half of her uniform together with her arms. And she flinched away in fear as Cade stepped into the car, sitting across from them. 

The ride to the air base was a short one, and there they had Ruby join her family in being bound and gagged. The family noticed that Violet wasn't present, but none of them dared to ask where she was out of fear of hearing that she was dead.

From there, they were headed to Crown City, where the king was already waiting to announce his victory over the rebel forces. Cade and Paisely had already called in advance to inform him that they were on their way. Paisely had been so distracted with Ruby Raine that he hardly noticed that they were missing one person of the family. But Cade would deal with that later on. He would have to come up with something convincing to tell the king.

-

Violet woke up hours later. She was confused, groggy, and alone in her bedroom, with a massive headache. There was nothing but silence heard within the walls of her small house.