Last Part

As I sit in the car with Eric driving I start to wonder what my little love would want. She clearly made is know that she didn't want me so I don't know what to expect.

"Dimitri."

I look up and see we have arrived.

"Are you sure you are sober enough for this?"

"I'll find out." I grab my shades and get out the car. She wanted to met before noon so not only is the alcohol making my sensitive eyes hurt, so was the sun.

I get to my feet and out the car. Walking a few steps then closing the door. Waving Eric off I proceed to enter the coffee shop.

I see her siting down outside. This girl must really want to kill me. I sigh a walk over to the seat in front of her.

She looks up from her coffee and watches me. Her eyes narrow when she sees that I am stumbling. Her nose scrunches up when my scent get closer. I sit down.

"Why do you smell like alcohol?" Was her first question.

"Why do you care, Katherine?" She flinches at my harsh tone.

"I guess I deserve that." I hum in agreement.

"What do you want? After the rejection I doubt you would want to see me."

She sighs. For the first time since I met her she looks so vulnerable.

"Have you murdered anyone?"

Her question shocks me. "No."

"So you haven't killed anyone in your whole life as a Vampire?"

"I don't say that."

"So you have?"

"Killed? Yes. Murder? No."

She nods. "How old are you?"

I smile. "In human terms 998. My day of death was 900 years ago."

"They day you got bitten?"

"No sweetheart. I am a born Vampire. We live out a human life till we are ready to become are true selves."

"Okay."

"Did you know about the attack?"

"No baby. We heard about it after it happened. We came end to help the Shade Clan. I wonder why we didn't meet then?"

"Yeah after the attack me and my mother went to live with my grandparents. Mom couldn't stay in the pack house with all the memories of dad."

"Good thing you moved back."

She nods again and take a sip of her coffee.

"I'm sorry."

I blink a couple of times. Did I hear that right?

"I'm sorry can you repeat that?"

She smiles. "I said I'm sorry. It was wrong of me to judge you based on my past experiences but please understand I was only five years old when I saw my father mutilated like an animal by Vampires. So my expectance of you wasn't going to be head on but I shouldn't have pushed you away."