nineteen

i have never been somebody who was easily frightened, but meeting a boy i met over an app was terrifying. being a boy who doesn't do anything but sit in my bed eating pizza and constantly refreshing my tumblr feed, this was probably the most eventful thing i have ever done.

phil and i have a plan to meet at the manchester train station and i guess we will go from there.

its about 8:30 in the morning and i have only gotten about two or three hours of 'sleep'. once i forced myself to get out of the bed, i sat at the edge of my bed for another ten minutes thinking about everything that could go wrong today.

i eventually got ready, dressing in a white t-shirt with an odd skull design, a dark blue flannel to wear over it, and black jeans- the same ones i wear everyday. i made my way to the mirror in the corner of my room, i took out my flat iron and began to haphazardly straighten my hair.

grabbing my black over the shoulder bag, i ran out my bedroom door and into my kitchen. there wasnt enough time to make a bowl of cereal or coffee, so i made due with a strawberry breakfast bar.

it had seemed as if time was going faster than my heart rate. my pulse was beating so rapidly i could see it pulsing through my skin.

---

plantboyphil: im wearing a greenish flannel ! im already here sooo i'll be sitting at the bench in front of your stop : ) 

danlovestrains: okedoke

danlovestrains: im really really super duper nervous

plantboyphil: me too its okay

danlovestrains: getting on train and gunna lose wifi, see you soon

plantboyphil: be safe on your train ride! dont talk to shady strangers, see you soon 

---

i fucking hate trains.

the sweat, constant talking, the constant uneasy feeling that the train is going to crash, the awkwardness of sitting next to somebody really shady or odd.

the only possible way to make the ride less miserable was by putting in earbuds and blasting music. which in this case today was the whole album four by one direction. i am literal trash and i am not even ashamed.

the girl next to me had really long bleach blonde hair and she smelled like a mixture of coconut shampoo and cigarettes. she was on the phone with somebody, consistently screaming at them for cheating on her, how he was an 'overweight grubby homeless rat'

theyre obviously a healthy relationship... this over the phone arguing between the lady and her partner went on the whole train ride.

---

while in the middle of my jam session to 'no control', the train stopped at my stop. i could feel the breakfast bar i ate earlier rise up my stomach. i took a deep breath, removed my earbuds, and began exiting the train station.

i hopped off of the last step and immediately the first thing that caught my eye was a gorgeous boy, with vibrant blue eyes, a black emo haircut that resembled mine, a crooked smile, who was wearing a green flannel buttoned all the way to the top.

i froze, once our eyes had locked, my knees had also, making it impossible for me to move or even breathe. before i could even take a step, warm arms wrapped around my body, and before i knew it my arms were wrapped around him.

we gently held each other, swaying within the hug. there were no boundaries or fears or worries or any care in the world, we just embraced each other and savored every moment of it.

phils breathing was not steady, i could feel his warm hitched breath against my sensitive, cold and exposed neck. i could smell his bubble gum scented breath, it made me smile.

phil was real and he was in my arms.

---

a/n

hey bitches it me! and this is a semi long chapter?? i plan on the next few chapters being lengthy like this so yeah. sorry this kinda sucked? it is kinda a filler chapter idk, hope you liked it :)

xx jules