Chapter 20:Parades

Hey, sorry about the late update, hope you enjoy the chapter :)

XXX

Disclaimer: I own nothing :(

XXX

As he made his way to the contestant's box, where the rest of the Gennin were waiting for their turn to fight, Naruto's thoughts went to what was about to happen.

He didn't really care if other Sand-nin joined the attack, Sand, Sound; it was all the same to him. The only real difference it made was how many he could kill. They knew that Orochimaru was going to signal the invasion at some point during Gaara's match, but now that Shukaku wasn't a problem anymore it would undoubtedly change his plans.

Thoughts of different ways the snake could alter his plans plagued the young blondes mind as he got to the top of the stairs and walk into the box.

All eyes turned to him as he made his way to the ledge and stared out at the arena floor as both Shino and Dosu got ready to fight.

No one said anything as they watched him.

His face had been just as big a surprise to the Leaf-Gennin as it had the Mist and Sand. The only ones that didn't have a sad look on their faces were Shikamaru, who had a contemplating look in his eyes, Gaara, who knew how hard it could be for the life of a jinchuuriki and Akasha, how just looked on as if nothing had happened.

Walking over to the blonde Gaara and his siblings stood on either side of him and looked down at the fight.

"Our father is dead; the snake has taken his place. The Sand will not attack."

Casting a sideways look to the redhead next to him, Naruto grinned, then looked back to the arena.

XXX

As soon as the fight started Dosu had ran at Shino and tried to hit him, which the bug boy had dodged with ease. They could all see the smirk in the Sound-nins eyes turn to confusion and then slight fear as he jumped back just in time to avoid the exploding bug clone as it went off, thousand of bug that had started to fly towards him as soon as they took their original form.

When he had gotten to a safe distance Dosu had lifted his arm and, turning it so his forearm faced the incoming swam, flicked the metal bracer he had on his wrist. The effect was instantiations; the swarm became erratic and started to fly in all directions before falling to the ground, stunned.

When he was sure they wouldn't be a problem anymore Dosu turned his back to them and started looking around the arena for any sign of Shino.

This turned out to be a big mistake.

As soon as he turned away the now stunned bugs disappeared in a cloud of smoke and out of it leaped Shino, his arm drawn back in preparation of a strike.

Seeing his opponent out of the corner of his eye, Dosu was able to move out of the way just in time to avoid the long needle like weapon as it shot out of the young Aburame's sleeve. But what he wasn't accepting was for another to come out of the other and impale him in the stomach.

Unlike in the prelims when he faced Zaku, this time when Shino backed away he didn't offer Dosu the chance to surrender and raised his hand in the air. Seeing what he was doing and remembering what had happened to Zaku, Dosu's eyes went wide.

"Wait-"

When he clicked his fingers the sound encode around the stadium, shortly followed by the agonised screams of Dosu as his body was eaten from the inside out. The bandaged covered boy fell to the ground a squirmed in pain for a few moments before going completely still.