Chapter 9:The Laughing Ragdoll

Sorry about the wait, hope you like this chapter :)

XXX

Disclaimer- I own nothing :(

XXX

The next morning when they woke they were all surprised at what they found Naruto doing in the kitchen with Tsunami.

Like when they had been travelling Naruto had been hunting while they slept, but whereas before he had caught a few rabbits and a dear, last night he had caught what seemed like the entire forest that surrounded the area.

The room was full of dead rabbits, about twenty different birds and five dear.

The two were in the middle of skinning and plucking the carcasses and cutting up the meat.

None of them knew what to make of it. They all just assumed that when they got here he would stop hunting.

When he saw them all just stood there staring his grin grew.

"What?"

Stepping forward, Kurenai explained their confusion.

"Naruto... why did you go hunting? I could understand when we were travelling but why now?"

He just started laughing.

"Ha ha ha! Gato has a stronghold on the whole island, Tsunami here hasn't been able to shop for decent food for a while and now that we are all here she didn't have enough food. So I went hunting."

Again, none of them knew what to say to this. It had never occurred to them that Tsunami couldn't shop for food.

Tazuna was nearly in tears at what the blonde had done.

For the next hour they all sat and helped, except Kakashi and Inari. While they were doing this Kurenai thought about the plan. She realized it was not a good idea to leave any of the gennin unsupervised.

So as there were working she told them all her changes. They would still be in teams of two but she would go to the bridge with Tazuna's guard, while Kakashi would supervise the training. The other thing was that Kakashi would need to stay within hearing distance of the house encase anything happened.

They all agreed and the jonnin told them the teams for the foreseeable future and what they would do first.

Kiba with Shino would be the first to guard the bridge with Kurenai, Sakura and Hinata would be the first to train with Kakashi and Sasuke along with Naruto would look after Tsunami and Inari.

About an hour before they set off for their respective assignments, Tsunami asked if it was ok for her to go into the village to try and find any vegetables that she might be able to buy.

After considering it for a moment Kurenai agreed that Naruto could go while Sasuke stayed to watch the house and Inari.

This did not sit well with the Uchiha, but he just nodded his head and agreed.

An hour later Tazuna and his guard for the next two days set off for the bridge while Kakashi took Sakura and Hinata just inside the woods for their training.

The three stayed in the kitchen to finish as Inari sulked in a corner of the room.

When they were done with the animals Naruto took all the organs that they couldn't use outside and dumped them in a circle around the house.

Watching him Tsunami asked what he was doing.

"Feeding my friends, I met a small pack of wolves when I was hunting and made a deal. I spread out some food for them and they will help guard the house. Nice bunch, after they tried to kill me they were very sorry. Hehe."