Chapter 16:Brothers in Pain and Fan Girls

Thanks for the reviews; This is the longest chapter I have written yet! Also the last chapter was mostly just to help build up for later chapters so don't worry. I just wanted to get the weapons done for the chunnin exam. Also for those that commented that he finished them too quick he was working on them for as long as he was Hinata and Shino's, also he had more experience at that point so it was mostly designing them that took so long, hopefully that clears things up. Also in this fic all the clans Jutsu are bloodlines. Enjoy the chapter. :)

XXX

Disclaimer: I own nothing :(

XXX

The chunnin exam was in a week and more and more people were coming into the village everyday, teams from every village in the elemental nations gathering to prove themselves the strongest. Rock-nin, Cloud-nin, Grass-nin, Sand-nin, Water-nin, even a team from Rain had shown up.

Team 8 had kept training right up until today, Kurenai deciding to give them a rest before the exam so they would be at 100%. Ever since they had been shown Naruto's profile in the bingo book both Hinata and Shino had been training twice as hard as before and Kurenai was getting worried that they might burn themselves out.

It wasn't until yesterday that she found out why, having decided to ask them, and it turned out that they were trying to improve themselves so they could keep up with Naruto. Seeing his picture in the bingo book along with all the other ninja had made them worried about being left behind and, despite the fact that Naruto was insane, he was still their teammate and they didn't want to be a burden.

Not that Naruto really noticed.

He would talk to them, train with them and still be as random as ever, but it was like he was in his own little world. His chakra control had improved by leaps and bounds over the last month and he had even showed them some of his ideas for shifts he had had so they would know what to expect. They quickly learned that he had favourites, though they were unsure if it was because he liked them or so his others would not become general knowledge.

But today was different from others because for once Naruto, Shino and Hinata had decided to meet outside of training and missions. It was Kurenai's idea; apparently she thought it would be good for them to spend time outside work to build bounds with each other and help them work better as a team. So far all they had done was walk around the village and talk, mostly about Hinata and Shino's families.

It was while they were walking around the village that they found themselves looking at three kids and what seemed to be two Sand-nin in the middle of an argument. They had just turned the corner into the street when one of the Sand nin, that seemed to be dressed in some kind of cat suit and make up with a strange object on his back covered in bandages, lift one of the kids into the air by the front of his shirt and started to shake him.

The kid was wearing some kind of helmet with a tuft of brown hair sticking out the top, a faded green shirt, white shorts and a long blue scarf that was too big for him.

"Watch were your going brat!"

The only response he got was the boy kicking him in the shin.

"Do you know who I am; I'm the grandson of the Hokage!"

"I don't care, apologise!"

"Fuck you!"

"You little!"

Bringing back his fist in preparation to punch the boy in the face Kankuro was surprised when someone grabbed his wrist and stopped it inches from his face. Turning to see who it was he came face to face with a tall, bandaged blonde kid with a Leaf headband tied to his left arm.