Chapter 3:The Breaking Point and A Gift

Hey hope you all liked the last chapter : ) I've actually go back to chapters 1, 2 and this one and tried to fix my mistakes, so check them out : )

XXX

Disclaimer- I own nothing :(

XXX

Sarutobi Hiruzen had sat at Naruto's bedside for three days straight; luckily, his old friends had stepped up to run the village for a few days.

He had been skeptical at first of letting Danzo anywhere near his office but it turns out he wasn't as against him as he thought. He had been, in his own words.

'Trying to bring back his Will of Fire'

It seems that he had taken it onto himself to try and give him a challenge. He had hoped that by going against most of what he said that it would force him to regain the fire that he lost at the end of the Third Great War.

Sarutobi was so happy when he heard that that he had actually hug the old cripple.

Homura and Koharu it seems had known about this from the start, but didn't have the heart to do the same. So they had distanced themselves from him, not being able to see him that way.

When the three had seen his eyes at the meeting they had seen their friend again, they had come to him the night of 'the incident'and told him everything.

Since then they had been handling everything while he waited for the boy in front of him to wake up.

They had caught most of the people that night, at least the ones that were left after he went into that rage, but some had still gotten away.

They had stopped four of the five ninja that had been involved and they and all been nothing more then a few no named Chunin that had lost their families in the Kyuubi attack seven years ago.

The rest that they had caught were just civilians, mostly drunk and they had all been sent to Ibiki and Anko.

Three days...

Three days and still no response from Naruto.

He heard the door to the room sliding open and turned to see Hatake Kakashi entering the room.

XXX

Kakashi had been in a deep depression ever since 'the incident'.

He wasn't wearing his AMBU uniform any more, just his normal attire of a black full-bodied suit, his mask and his flack jacket and his left eye covered by his forehead protector.

It was his entire fault. If he had been paying attention this would never have happened, to have been jumped by some no name Chunin.

By the time he had come too it was too late, the damage was done.

He had woken up just in time to see the Hokage go berserk and slaughter all those people. He was found on the same roof he had been sat watching over Naruto with his hands tied in ninja wire.

After hearing what had happened and a quick talk with the Hokage he had come to the Memorial Stone and just stood there, looking at the names of his old teammate and sensei.

"I'm so sorry Minato, Obito, I failed again." He whispered to the air.

He hadn't move for three days, just looking at the same names.

Finally, he decided that it was time to see if Naruto was ok.

Turning his back to the stone he took off of the hospital.

XXX

The first thing Sarutobi thought when he saw Kakashi was that he looked even more tired then he did.