Chapter 11:The Faceless Blacksmith

Let me know what you think of this chapter. I'm looking into getting a Beta but don't actually know how so if anyone could tell me it would be much appreciated :)

XXX

Disclaimer: I own nothing

XXX

The next day training went more or less the same as the day before, but without the rotten fish and instead of tying him up Naruto just had Sasuke spin on his feet in one spot.

When he had been doing that for a few hours Naruto had Sasuke try and spin while moving towards a tree in an attempt to get him used to keeping his balance while he spun. This was a lot harder as it was no easy task to see while spinning and going in a straight line was difficult.

After another couple of hours of this Naruto decided that it was time to call it a day and set out to do his own training while Kakashi had Sasuke doing the tree climbing exercise again.

At one point Kakashi had tried to find the blonde to see if he could help him in whatever it was he was training in, but couldn't find him. Giving up he had gone back to supervise Sasuke as he tried over and over again to make it up the tree without success.

It wasn't until just before the sun went down that they saw Naruto again. He didn't even seem tired, but then again he never did.

Heading back towards the house Kakashi tried multiple times to get Naruto to tell him what he was doing and where he had been but every time the boy would just smile at him without answering.

After dinner all the ninja met up in the sitting room to discuss what had happened in the day and what they would be doing tomorrow.

The bridge was going well, but if Tazuna lost anymore workers they would start to fall behind.

Kakashi gave a quick summery of how Sasuke's training was going but explained how Naruto would go and do his own training and couldn't report on the blondes progress.

When Kurenai didn't say anything Kakashi guessed that this happened regularly and it wasn't just him.

At some point while they were talking Shino and Hinata took out their respective weapons and started to clean them for something to do.

When Kakashi and his team took notice of this they all moved forward to see. They had all heard about the new weapons of the Aburame and Hyuga clans, but not many people had actually seen them. They marvelled at the elegant tools of death and how much care had gone into the making.

Kiba, seeing his chance to ask about the weapons for his clan stepped closer with a smug look on his face.

His mother had been trying to find out who the craftsman was ever since they had been shown at a council meeting. All she was able to find out was that they were connected to a small ninja shop owned by a man named Higashi.

But despite numerous attempts at getting the old fool to talk he refused to say anything. His mother was desperate, as were the other clans of Konoha, to have their own weapons made by the mysterious weapons maker known only as the 'Faceless Blacksmith'.

"So these are the new famed weapons of your clans. They don't look like much, Shino's looks like a pipe. What harm could they do? I bet the guy that made them was just a fraud."

Both Shino and Hinata raised their eyebrows at the dog like boy's words and resisted the urge to look at Naruto in the corner of the room.

Standing up from his seat Shino went over to the log pile next to the unlit fireplace, picked up two large pieces of oak and made his way into the centre of the room. Putting the wood down for a moment the bug user fixed his Wasp Point to his arm.