Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

I flatted my hair after putting the sweater on. Today, I had decided to leave it down. It was still a little wet from my shower. To be honest, the idea was actually good, but I wasn't sure if going out with all the stupid paparazzi that were surely going to follow us, was actually a good idea.

"I tried McDonald's the other day and don't take me wrong, but even the fries were tasteless. I do have some stuff to make some pasta, if you'd like..."

"Em" he walked to me. "I want to go out with you as a normal couple would do. I promise I won't take you to a horrible restaurant and I'll do my best to ignore the bloody paparazzi. Could you try to do the same for me?"

We're never going to be a normal couple.

I sighed "Ok."

His eyes lit up as he smiled at me. Grabbing my hand, he pulled me downstairs as he talked about all the places we had to go. All of them were going to be packed with people. The Tower Bridge, a vintage market that he was sure I was going to love, Picadilly...all touristic places. I knew that he wanted to show me around as if I was a regular American girl. I  just didn't feel like going on tour to those places. Yes. I had gone to some places, but I hadn't been to the London eye, for example. Which, by the way, was his first stop after having lunch.

Ignore them. Ignore them. Just look at Scott.

I recited these words on my head as we walked out of the house, as we climbed Scott's Audi and they ran to their vans and motorcycles. I tried to ignore them as we had lunch, which wasn't so bad. Shepherd's pie was actually tasty and I loved the gravy stuff. Thank God, we were seated away from all windows, but you could still hear the bickering whenever anyone opened the front doors of the restaurant.

Scott ignored them completely. He acted like no one was staring or any cameras were clicking as we walked out of the restaurant. He grabbed my hand and kept walking as if we were just another couple strolling down the street. I admired his confidence and even though I was really quiet as we walked, I tried to center all my attention to him.

Being so infatuated by him helped, a lot.

At moments I forgot about the whole chaos around us.

We finally reached the London eye and we were riding a private capsule. It was almost after six. The blue sky was turning orange and some parts were purple. Scott grabbed my waist and pulled me to him as I observed everything. It was such a calming sight. You could see the Tower Bridge as well as all the other historical monuments of the city. I loved how the modern architecture contrasted the older buildings.

My eyes roamed all over the Tower of London and I wondered how living in that time would have worked out for us? Even if Mom was British, I had never quite understood how the monarchy was supposed to work...all my life I thought it was enjoying the people's money and attending benefit balls and pretty much looking good...

Boy had I been wrong...

Scott had proved to me that being part of the royal family involved more than attending polo games. He worked really hard with the military and attending all kind of meetings. I now knew that things weren't easy for them...Scott didn't speak to his father and Mark...well Mark had clearly issues of his own...

"What are you thinking Em?"

"You" I barely whispered but Scott's arms tensed.

We stayed in silence for less than a minute before he turned me around gently, "and what are you exactly thinking?"

I smiled at his concerned face, "that you are such an arrogant and obnoxious boy" I sighed to add effect to my words, "I really don't know how I keep up with you..." I trailed.