Chapter Thirty-Six part two

This is a rough chapter...don't read if you are sensitive or under 13...

And for those of you who don't remember...SAM IS HER EX

***

The distant sound of the light rain tapped against the window. My heart hammered inside my chest furiously.

What the hell?!

What in the world happened here?!

I bet he's just messing with me...Yeah...that's it...

I shook my head trying to clear my mind. Taking a large intake of breath, my mind kept one thought in mind...could he be right? Could I be just a rebel kind of thing?

Didn't I want to be a fling or something like that? you know...a no strings attached kind of thing...

That feels wrong. Completely and utterly wrong.

Ugh.

Damn you Mark...

My mind was still foggy and confused when the door ringed again.

Great.

I stomped to the door and as I approached it, all my confussion transformed into anger. How dare he come to my house and act like that? He was definately an arrogant and obnoxious ass. And I was about to tell him so.

"What the hell are you-" I stopped midsentence because I wasn't talking to Mark.

An entirely different person stood in front of me. Another person that I thought that I would never see again...

Sam's brown eyes were watching me...but he didn't seem happy...

He was a wreck. Just like last time that he came over. His clothes were rugged and there were dark circles under his eyes. Unlike last time, his brown eyes seemed dark and somewhat dangerous.

"Were you expecting someone?" He asked in a cold voice, making me flinch. I noticed his hands clenched in tight clasps.

"What-" I cleared my throat. Be nice, Emily. "Uhm...hi Sam..."

It seemed like it was the worst day to sent Sean away...this whole thing felt wrong and it was starting to creep me out. Sam didn't seem like the guy I used to know. He felt...dangerous.

I stood rooted to the wall, blocking the way to pass through. It seemed like a really bad idea to let him in. Just as that thought passed my mind, Sam pushed me inside in a not so gentle manner and closed the door after him.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

My eyes roamed all over the room to find my stupid cell phone, but then I remembered that I had left it charging on my bedstand. On the second floor.

That's just great.

My shoulder panged from the push he gave me and I instantly started rubbing it. "Why was that for, Sam?" I asked angrily.

Sam was frozen watching me from the door as my heart plummeted inside of me and I was sure that it was going so fast and loud that even he could hear it. The fact that Scott had been rather worried about this exact situation from happening, worried me more.

"Were you going to let me in?" His voice was really cold and dark. It made me flinch.

"What do you want?" I took a step back.

"Are you afraid of me?" He asked rather slyly. His lips tugged up, but rather than a smile, it seemed more like a menacing gesture.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Think of something!

Ignoring his question, I looked down on myself. "Do you want coffee? You could start the kettle while I change...I look like a mess..." I trailed innocently as I turned my back to him and started to walk towards the stairs in a non-chalant mode. Like a normal thing. I needed to get upstairs and text Sean about this whole thing.