Chapter Forty

I was in shock looking at him.

Scott was smiling to me. The crookedly sexy smile that always made my heart flip.

He gently pulled the keys from my frozen in the mid-air right hand and opened the door. I could hear the cameras clicking and the sneers and excited screams. They seemed far away, though.

Something clicked in my head.

This was it.

The moment my life would change forever...

I should be panicked...I should be freaking out...but somehow, I felt thrilled?!

"Are you ok?" He cupped my chin gently as his chocolate eyes watched me worried. I looked around and we were both inside the house and the door was already locked.

"Em?!" He was the one panicking right now. I could hear it in his voice...

"I'm ok!" I said in a high pitched voice. My emotions were all over the place and I still didn't know how to feel about the whole thing. I mean, for one thing, I was strangely thrilled that we were public now...whatever that meant...I was sure of one thing, I'd have more paparazzi following me around, but that was bound to happen at one time or another, anyway...

The warmth of his palm was now gone and Scott was pacing around the small hallway in front of the stairs running a hand through his hair. "Shit. I'm sorry, I didn't think it through, obviously, but I just wanted to show that you were my girl-"

"Are you becoming one of those possessive boyfriends?" I teased him trying to lighten up the mood.

He stopped altogether and looked at me like I had grown an extra head or something like that. "What?"

Moving closer to him, I pressed one palm on his chest, while I tried to take off his jacket with my other hand. "I did notice how you glared at Ryan for helping me out..." I trailed as I slowly moved the jacket off his shoulders.

Scott blinked at me for a second before taking it off completely. Before I could notice how it happened, his jacket was on the floor and I was pinned to the wall while Scott hovered on me.

He smirked at me and huskily whispered by my ear, "I am extremely possessive..."

I knew he was teasing me, but I have to say that my heart was pounding inside my chest and the way he was looking at me was a complete and utter turn on. I didn't trust my voice to come out so I just looked at him as he wet his lips and smiled mischievously at me.

Don't jump on him...don't jump on him...

We are not alone. Don't forget that!

"Food." I whispered breathlessly. "I" breath "need to make food."

"I am hungry..." Scott trailed huskily "Just not for food..."

Oh God...

Not alone! Not alone!!

"We" be strong Emily "need" remember Sean and you freaking mother are upstairs! "to cook?" It was meant to be more of a statement, but Scott's right hand was on my waist and somehow my shirt had rolled up and I could feel his thumb caressing my wist and that skin on skin contact mixed with the lusty eyes he was giving me were making my knees weak and my skin had formed goose bumps. You know...the good ones. The kind where you are just about to rip off all his clothes and jump at him.

Sighing, I placed the palm of my hands on his chest and before I could linger them on too much there, because, let's be honest, it felt nice, I gently pushed him away.

Scott eyed me and sighed too. He ran a hand through his hair tousling it and making him look hotter.

Damn it.