#6-Partners|Dante {2}

Y/n's View

Dante and I sat in his car, him drumming his fingers on the wheel and me playing with my fingers. For the first time, I actually felt nervous around him.

Usually I would stand up to him or just act like I don't care. But now, whenever I look at him, my stomach gets butterflies. My palms would get a little sweaty and I would feel my heart beating faster. Before, I would get some butterflies in my stomach, but I didn't think anything of it. I kinda just ignored it. But now, I can't just ignore it. It honestly scares me a little...

"You seem tense... Are you nervous about going to my house?"Dante asked, a small smirk on his lips.

"N-no..."I mumbled, my face a bit red.

"Look babe, I'm not going to do anything... And that's only because my brother's there"he mumbled the last sentence but, obviously, I still heard. My eyes widened.

"W-what does that m-mean?"I asked, a bit nervous about what he was going to say.

"Don't think anything of it, sweetheart"he smirked and placed his hand on my thigh, slightly rubbing it up and down. I bit my lip nervously.

I moved my leg over, making Dante's hand fall onto the seat. He sighed and chuckled after. I gave him a confused look but just looked over at the road.

"Umm, are we almost t-there?"I asked.

"Oh don't worry baby, we're almost there"Dante smirked.

It took my a while to comprehend why he smirked. But soon I realized that he thought dirty. I mentally face palmed. I felt my face get red of embarrassment. I looked down and started playing with my fingers again. From the corner of my eye I saw Dante look at me.

"Don't be embarrassed sweetheart, sometimes we can't control what we feel"he lightly chuckled. My face burned even more.

"I-I d-don't mean it l-like that..."I trailed off.

"Oh I know, I just love seeing you flustered"Dante smirked for the hundredth time today.

I'm already making a fool of myself... This whole rest of the day is going to be so bad...

•*•*•*•

I nervously placed down my backpack as I sat on the light blue bed. While I did that, Dante threw his backpack on the floor and sat on the desk chair that was in his room.

"So,"he sighed, spinning in the chair, then stopping,"what are we doing for the project?"

"Uh... Well, we need to write a 3 page essay about lady Irene... maybe we should start writing about her family?"I suggested.

"That... isn't a bad idea..."Dante lightly smiled. My heart fluttered a bit but I just pushed that away.

"Come"he gestured over to him. I got up and walked over to him, and sat on the arm of the chair.

Dante got off the chair and made me sit down on it. I gave him a confused look.

"You'll work on the project,"he started and pulled out his phone,"and I'll be relaxing"

I gave him a surprised look but then sighed. I can't believe I thought he would actually help. Now he's back to his jerky self... It's so dumb of me to think that...

"I thought you were going to-"

"Babe, the only thing I do is put my name on the project, you do everything else"Dante laid down on the bed. I got up from the chair.