We all must sacrifice to the greater good

-Ty-

We all gathered around Amber. She was loosing blood, and fast. Soon I could feel myself getting weaker and weaker, my energy loosing its power. I could see it in the guys too, they all looked tired. We all pulled back from Amber to look at the damage again. Her wound on her leg had sealed up, and all that was left was a nasty scar. Her side scrape was nicely healed up as well. Man, that took a lot of energy out of me. We stood up and headed to the door to depart from the scene. "Wait!" Vikk called. "What?" I asked, snapping a little. My patience was running out. "Thank you." He squeaked out. A little smile found its way on my face as I turned to leave with the rest of the gang.

-Amber-

I woke with a major headache, but nothing hurting below. My wounds had sealed up and all that lay was a few scars. It still hurt when touched, but not as badly as before. I slowly sat up, gazing on the surroundings around me. I was laying in my room on the bed. I checked the time, 9:28 pm. I had been unconscious for more than 24 hours. I shook my head furiously and walked out to the smell of omelets. I raced out to see Lachlan cooking over the stove. I grabbed a plate and he put an omelet onto it. I tried to thank him, but only a squeak came out. He playfully rolled his eyes and went back to cooking. I giggled and sat down and dug into the omelet. Soon I finished before any of the others came out. After cleaning my plate I went out into the starry night to take a little walk by the river. As I traveled further and further into the woods, the more I felt like I was being watched. I swore I heard breathing for a second. As I ventured to the river, the smooth and rushing sound of water formed in my ears, telling me I was close. I let my nose guide me to the sweet smelling river that felt so dear to me. I lightly dipped my feet in, feeling the cold rocks and water against my warm feet. The night was unusually still, no animals chirping or squeaking into the night. Soon it was time to head back, dawn just around the corner. As my feet crunched through the woods, that same eerie feeling returned, sending goosebumps all over my body. I looked all around, but saw nothing. Soon the house appeared into view and I raced to it, not wanting to see what was following me.

-Preston-

I woke with a splitting headache pounding against me. I was in a ripped suit, a flower lay next to me. I was far into the woods, farther than I've ever gone. As I opened and closed my eyes, a familiar sent washed over me. Soon something inside me told me to follow it. My instincts took over and silently I crept to were it was coming from. I saw a girl with black and red hair, beautiful crimson eyes, and a warm smile. I took a good, long look at her and mentally slapped myself. It was Amber. I looked down at the clothes I wore. She'd probably be disgusted at me. I felt an imaginable weight behind my, dragging me down. I turned my head to see two huge wings resting on my back. I gasped, making her turn in the direction of me. My eyes wide in horror as she cocked her head to the side, trying to get a better look at the thing, me, that made that noise. Soon after she quit and head to a river nearby. I took this chance and tried my new wings. They boosted me up into the starry night, turning as cold as the nights winds. My tail swung side to side, pushing aside any branches. I looked that I'd just came back from the dead. Oh, well I did. I face palmed myself and started to head in the direction of which Amber went. She lay by the riverside, toes dipped into the water. She mumbled a few words, even I couldn't hear them. Then she got up and walked the other way, going in the direction of the base. I followed her back, wanting to never leave her side. I reached out to her, but quickly retracted, not wanting to scare her. As she disappeared from my view, I turned 180 degrees and went to a cave nearby. As I got to the cave entrance, a pack of wolves greeted me. I waited to be attacked by a mob of the creatures, but they gladly let me stay. I thanked them greatly and curled up, my wings protecting me from the chills in the night. They all surrounded me like I was the leader, and soon fell asleep. Soon I couldn't hold my eyes up anymore and I let sleep consume me into a familiar darkness.

Hey all you guy and gal kittens!! Sry that I haven't been posting for about 3 days. I have no excuse for that, but just know I was busy. Hope you liked this chapter and if you did show some support or feedback and I will ttyl! BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Kittykat <3