Let's Be Superheroes [Boy x Boy] (Chapter 1)

Chapter One

It was yet another boring morning at Clarion High School, and Tyler sighed softly to himself as he wished class would just start already. 

Mornings were always hard on him since it seemed everyone felt the need to brag about how social they were right in front of him. This wasn't technically the case, of course. But that's just what it felt like to him. Every single person sitting in the room was busy gossiping about either a person, a sports event, or, actually, they were gossiping about everything and anything.

Usually Tyler was fine with the fact nobody paid any attention to him, but it was the first day of the new school year. The least someone could do was pass him a smile, since asking for a 'hello' seemed to be a little too much to ask for.

And that wasn't the only reason he was down in the dumps.

No, the real reason had to do with the fact the bell was going to be ringing any second, and his best friend was still MIA. 

Johnny had been bragging the entire week before they went back to school about how he would drive them both to school in his new jeep. Tyler had been hopefully then, but this morning, after trying to call Johnny exactly 23 times, he knew there was no waking that boy up. The older one had no choice but to ride the bus to school and sit by himself like he did every year. 

Yes, Tyler Fisher was truly a pathetic kid sometimes. 

He knew it wasn't completely everyone's fault that they didn't engage him in conversation. It was also his job to open his mouth sometimes, but he always felt like he was going to say something too stupid, and then they'd really know not to talk to him. It was one thing to be ignored, but completely different to be the laughing stock of the school like he used to be.

At least until Johnny had finally told the boys who were picking on him to knock it off. 

He hadn't even told his best friend he had been getting bullied, it was just like he KNEW. Tyler had been way too embarrassed about the whole situation to bring it up to his younger friend, but that said younger friend still managed to figure it out, all on his own.

Too bad he still couldn't figure out how to turn the sound up on his phone.

That thought made Tyler smile wryly while giving another sigh. 

'Oh John...' He thought to himself. 'You're such a hassel sometimes....'

His thoughts were cut short as the bell suddenly rang out. Everyone dashed to their seats, slipping into them (since they seemed to have picked out seats as soon as they entered the room), as the teacher moved to the front of the room to begin taking role. 

As soon as they were all seated, in came Johnny practically crashing into the room. He seemed out of breath, almost like he had ran the whole way from his house to here. Stopping a moment, he scanned all of his classmates faces, and Tyler could feel his heart begin thudding in his chest.

The older man was in the last row, closest to the windows, so it took a few seconds for the younger to locate him. Once he did though, a grin spread over his lips and he confidentally crossed the room over to his best friend. 

Johnny clapped the taller man on the shoulder, making Tyler wince in response before the smaller one took a seat behind him.

"Johnny Hunt..." The teacher said warningly. "I'd like to not have a repeat of last year."

Johnny grinned sheepishly, and unconsciously ran a hand through his, what appeared to be, wind whipped hair. 

"Sorry, ma'am. I'll do my damnest to make sure it doesn't happen again." He apologized, not even realizing how charming he was being.