What had happened? Why was she silent suddenly? "Has Mason done something? Has he hurt you?" As soon as she gives the signal, I was going round. I don't even know where he lives but I'll find him. If he has even laid a finger on her he was as good as dead!

   She spun around, her hair swaying with her. "What?" She cried, her voice a few pitches higher. "Mason?"

   My eyes scanned her body, searching for any sign that he had laid a hand on her. She was my baby sister, nobody was going to hurt her and get away with it. Her skin appeared clear of any bruising but I couldn't see underneath the jackets and the jeans she were wearing (not that I ever imagined I would think about that). 

   "Well what is wrong?"

     Her blue eyes shot to the floor, "Nothing," she mumbled under her breath. "It is just... Tony paid Mason a visit when I was there and he happened to mention you." 

   Oh fuck. "What did he say?" I asked, not at all surprised that he managed to get hold of Lexi as well. Zak was a bloke who could handle this, Lexi wasn't. She was more emotionally involved than what Zak was. When I was speaking to her yesterday, the way she spoke about Mason told me that she cared more about him than what my source had told me.

   I needed to get hold of my source and find out where they found out their information. Tony was paying for her law degree and she was sleeping with his nephew, there wasn't much else to the story. She said she had known Tony for two years, she had been working with him for nearly as long as that. What was she not telling me?

   "Nothing much, he was just telling me some stories." 

      Peachy. "Like?"  

      "Well he said that he was good friends with you for a start," she admitted. "I didn't believe that for a second though with what you said last night about him being like 'Al Capone'."

   I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Look, Al Capone had much more influence than what Tony Holt ever will, that was a very broad comparison but I couldn't think of anyone who you would know. He controls the underground of the city and has police officers, local MP's and the sort on his payroll to help him do his bidding."

   "Why do people like this exist? It doesn't sound real. Why do you know so much about it?" She questioned as she poured the hot water into the mugs and started to stir the coffee. "I've known Tony for years now and he has never shown this side to him whatsoever."

   I mentally rolled my eyes, not wanting to upset her. "Why did you go back round to your house anyway?" I swear I told her to stay here while all this blows over. She was here when I left at about ten o'clock last night.

   "I had a bag on me that had my purse and car keys in. I needed fresh clothes and my university work. Plus, my bed isn't even here anymore and I wasn't sleeping on that God awful settee."

   I hadn't even been upstairs; I had been using the downstairs toilet while I had been here. It didn't surprise me though – he probably sold the bed to get some more money, not that the money would have gone anywhere to alleviate the debts he has accumulated.

   "Fair enough – you can stop at Luke's tonight if you want?" I offered. We had a tiff this morning but it'll be fine by tonight. He only had the one sofa but I'd kip on the floor if it meant that I knew she was safe.

   She carried the cups of coffee over to the table and sat down, "Is that wise? If Tony thinks I am avoiding Mason will it not make him suspicious?"

   I sighed, how do I get the message across that Tony is the one who should be scared of me and not the other way round without telling her everything? "Don't worry about him, I'll handle him when I go and see him tomorrow. Besides, your big brother has just turned up in town again after three years, you're allowed to see him."