» chapter 17 «

Elena and Evie are getting dressed for the Founders' Day Parade. Elena puts her necklace on as Jenna helps her get into her dress.

Elena grimaces as Jenna pulls the corset strings tighter. "Ouch, this dress hurts."

Jenna pulls on the strings again, "Suck it in, baby."

"You get used to it," Evie comments as she started to fix her undergarments so that Jenna and Elena can help her into her corset.

Evie's dress was an ivy green corset with black details and a huge black skirt. She pulled on her choker and slipped her skirt on as Jenna finished Elena and was ready to help Evie.

Evie placed her hands on a wooden bar in front of her. and sucked in a deep breath as Jenna started to tighten the corset.

When Jenna pulled on the strings, Evie let out a shaky breath as flashbacks came to her of her younger self.

-

Elena and Evie arrived at the high school and Evie immediately left to find Damon.

She spotted him standing beside Stefan and she quickly walked over.

"You look exactly like you did in 1864," He said when she arrived.

"Thanks, old man," Evie laughed in reply.

"Ladies! Time to get on the float!" Carol's voice screeches before climbing onto the stage to announce the floats.

"Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Fall's high school Marching Band!" The marching band and the cheerleaders parade, everyone applauds and scream.

"And for a little local history, Mr. Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek."

The float that Jeremy and Tyler were on went ahead, everyone cheering.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls Court and their handsome escorts."

Finally it's the girls' turn, and the float jerks forward as they start to move.

"This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?"

They all wave, everyone smiling to the crowd but Matt. He looked heartbroken as he stood next to his ex.

"I remember why I didn't do this," Damon whispered in Evie's ear.

"Believe me, it was horrible. But, it was also fun being the Mystic Falls queen," Evie whispered back with a chuckle.

-

After Evie had called Caroline to see if she was getting home safe, Damon and Evie were looking and walking around in the town square, when they ran into Anna.

"You're still around?" Evie asked her in surprise.

"There's something you need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight," She said quickly.

Damon narrowed his eyes at her in disbelief, "How do you know this?"

"I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not. They want the Founding Families dead."